What's new

Smallville 5/20/03 (1 Viewer)

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I think someone may have brought this up before, but I think that the Helen on the plane was not actually Helen, but maybe that woman who can look like other people. Lionel probably hired her after the real Helen ran away. His plan was to drug Lex and have everyone parachute off the plane, leaving Lex to die.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I thought the girl, would could change her looks and was jealous of Lana's life, died. Is this not the case?

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
One moment Helen is cancelling the wedding and the next she is making up with Lex. Something or someone could have gotten to her in between?

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I think someone may have brought this up before, but I think that the Helen on the plane was not actually Helen, but maybe that woman who can look like other people. Lionel probably hired her after the real Helen ran away. His plan was to drug Lex and have everyone parachute off the plane, leaving Lex to die.
I think Lionel wants to teach Lex a lesson, but not kill him. Definitely not kill him.

The episode was okay, but not that great. For one thing, Lionel says the key is an exact duplicate, but it hurts Clark while the original doesn't? Clark is stupid most of the time, but I've accepted that. I figure he'll get better as he gets older.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
I have mixed feelings about last night's episode, but I will inject another question into the discussion:

Considering the fact that the "Jor-El" character has been flying into the face of everything we know from the typical Superman mythos, can we make any assumptions based on the image that was burned into Clark's chest? It wasn't an "S" as far as I could tell...Adam L. may be on the right track...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lionel's key was made of the poisonous (to Clark) meteor rocks. The real key is not poisonous to Clark.

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
The girl who can imitate others was killed in an earlier episode this season. I'd say that it is reasonably obvious that Lionel was plotting against Lex, and using Helen as his agent, based upon -

1. Lionel and Helen meeting one another prior to Lex's arrival at the mansion.

2. Lionel's dialogue with Chloe concerning the ability of love to blind an individual (immediately prior to the plane sequence) and how that relates to Helen's ability to get inside Lex's defenses.

Would Lionel kill or attempt to kill Lex? I wouldn't put it past the bastard, particularly after Accelerate and his attitude towards Emily's clone and her father ( for me, another episode that emphasized the unredeemable nature of Lionel Luthor.)

- Walter.

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor
I don't see how Lionel could be trying to do anything but kill Lex. The only way Lex will survive (and we know he will) is by pure luck. If you don't want to kill someone, then you don't crash a plane with that person inside.

The plane crash will end up looking like an accident, allaying suspicion from Lionel and Helen. The only way this works is if Lex is dead, so that he cannot report that the plane was totally abandoned and obviously set up to crash.

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor
While I hope it's the real Helen who conspired with Lionel, another possibility is that the woman who walked down the aisle with Lex was a Kryptonite clone.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Weak and contrived.

It's supposed to be the season finale and his protagonist is his ship? Hell, he didn't even bother to find out what it meant by "it is time." Time for what? Time to bust a rhyme? Time to make the donuts? It's all speculation what his destiny is. It sure would have been nice to hear him out.

I agree with the other criticisms previously mentioned.

I was cracking up when the doc was telling Johnathan about his wife.

Doc: "She's got a mild concussion."
JK: "And the baby?"
Doc: "I'm sorry." (Immediately turns away and walks off.)

Nice bedside manner.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Another Superman mythos question: Has it been explained in the comics or elsewhere why kryptonite is deadly to natives of the planet? Kryptonite is supposed to be a fragment of the planet after it exploded right?

And how the hell does it destroy a ship made from the minerals of Krypton? I thought that was a pretty contrived point in last night's episode.

Physics nitpick: For a planet that exploded light years away, there sure seems to be a hell of a lot of kryptonite on Earth. I have a hard enough time to pee in the middle of the toilet and that's only two feet away.

Plus you add up all the fragments sent in other directions and that would make up one huge planet. Maybe too huge to be a planet but a star instead.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Kryptonite is analogous to radiactive material to humans. It just messes with you on a cellular basis.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>I was cracking up when the doc was telling Johnathan about his wife.>>

Heh, I found that rather strange, more than humorous. Not the most personable doctor in the world. 'I've got other patients to attend to. Later.'

Anyone wanna speculate how he's going to build the Fortress of Solitude in this series? The ship is gone, and there's no Krypton crystal like in the movies...

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
One thing about this Superman... Once he makes it through his teen years, he's going to be optimistic because he chooses to be, not because he's naive or the world's great boy scout. I like the three-dimensionality of such a portrayal. I just hope that Gough and Millar are going somewhere with this.

Hunter P

Screenwriter

I hope they at least saved the blanket from the ship. If I recall, that is what Martha uses to make Superman's cape. Though I still don't know how a bulletproof cape can be sewn.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
So, since Buffy has ended everyone has moved on to nitpicking and complaining about 'Smallville?'

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Did anyone else think that Clark had that whole Hulk vibe going on after the ship blew up the cellar with his shirt all ripped up and tattered, and he was covered with dirt and dust?

Diallo B

Screenwriter
Another Superman mythos question: Has it been explained in the comics or elsewhere why kryptonite is deadly to natives of the planet? Kryptonite is supposed to be a fragment of the planet after it exploded right?
Kryptonite is harmful to Clark and other Kryptonians on earth because the yellow sun of Milky Way causes a chemical reaction in the debris from Krypton that has landed on Earth.

Krpton has a red sun.

djb

Diallo B

Screenwriter
quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chloe: Because Clark would rather bone Lana. But who wouldn't?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Me! I'd take Chloe over Lana in a heartbeat!
__________________________________________________ ____
Amen, Brotha.

Whoever would rather take Chloe over Lana need a prompt, decisive and effective azz beatin'! uuuuuuugh.....

djb

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Um... I'd take 'em both... at once...

Anyway...

I think the turn with Chloe at the end of this episode was a BIT too dramatic for my tastes, as I was expecting her to start a Dr. Evil llaugh... oh well. Still, an excellent episode.

I think now that Clark will travel around a little, experience the world, learn of true evils, while fighting his own inner demon, and have a showdown a la Superman III. And when he returns to Smallville, he'll see how everything has changed, and how he can truly never go home again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks