What's new

Smallville 4/21/04 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, a bit on the silly side, and a bit on the going backwards side.

I was throwing my imaginary TV brick at the TV because Chloe finally realizes that she's got the power, and she doesn't capitalize on it when Lionel shows up to a larger extent. Instead of interrogating Lionel, she lets him dictate the confrontation. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

Will Lana really leave Smallville, I doubt it.

I did like Pete's confession on his feelings for Chloe, plus the kiss he steals from Chloe with Clark in the elevator.

Oh, and the Pulp Fiction scene was just dandy, though brief as it was...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I like the ep a little more than you did (I think it's one of the very best of the season) but I was really irked by one thing: The "I wasn't myself" style of Chloe's last conversation with Clark. Levitas had absolutely NO effect on her character or her personality, it simply gave her a power that she abused, plain and simple. She knew very well what she was doing, she never hesitated when she found it the extent of her abilities. Should she ever gain them back, she would use it again in a heartbeat. Why can't Clark see that?!

I am glad that Chloe's not so pretty side was shown, but I wish everyone else had seen that.

Anyone thinks Levitas should have been called Veritas?

--
H

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the hell out of this episode. All the tip-toeing the show usually partakes in to drrrrrraaaaaagggggg storylines out as long as they could was thrown out the window. They opened and closed possible storylines in the blink of an eye and the dialog was popping with its directness. When Chloe asks Lionel about him getting her father blacklisted, and after "Hell yes I did. He'll be lucky to get a job washing dishes." there's this little expression of dawning realization and you can see Lionel adapt immediately after. One of the many reasons John Glover is one of the greats in TV today.

How many people nation wide do you think we're cheering when Lana announced she was leaving?:D

And personally, I liked the Cloe/Clark scene. It showed Clark's naive side, and really expressed the trust Superman has in people. It also broke the monotonous cycle of Chloe snooping, Clark getting pissed.

Season 2 was a great season that took a nose dive in quality and plausibility at the end. Season 3 started out in the dumper, so it's nice to see signs were going out on top.

Can't wait for next week, when they tap in Lex and Clark's past.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I enjoyed the episode more because of how the characters interacted more than anything. Of course- the I am telling the truth but cant help it -plot device has been used for decades (Remember Bewitched?) but we had some good enough moments between Chloe and Lionel to elevate it up a level.
So how exactly did Lionel get ahold of Chloe's phone since he implied at the end that it wouldnt be a threat to him anymore?

Where was Jonathon?

Next week's episode looks to be interesting. The idea of Clark being dangled above boiling liquid in nothing but tight blue spandex shorts is enough to get me to tune in.

Plausibility????? This is a show about a guy from another planet .

Does anyone happend to know what the instrumental song was towards the end of the episode? It almost sounded like Hans Zimmer.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
That's the premise, which can be totally wild. But with that premise, what happens should be plausible, and often the show is not.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It has to be assumed that Lionel just went to the source of the voice mail system (can't be all that hard to find which cell phone provider she uses if one has enough money and resources), paid them a lot of money and had them delete the voice mail in Chloe's voice mail account.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
That was my assumption as well.

Oh come on now. This is a big pet peeve of mine, that is brought up whenever people complain about logic lapses in SF and fantasy shows.

Plausibility means consistency with the rules established in that universe.

--
H

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Did anyone else think "How very Lois Lane-like" when Chloe was breaking into the lab? She certainly goes after info with the same zeal as Lois does in the comics. ;)

Evan M

Second Unit
I think this week was perhaps an eye opener for Chloe. She really saw that the truth can be dangerous... or unwelcome in a lot of instances. She also showed that Clark has been right to not trust her with his secret. I loved the scene with Lana.

Truth telling power really bit her in that one.. LOL A good eye opener to how her friends really feel about her. They all know that she is just out to get the story before being a friend, and thus don't trust her with critical information that is personal to them.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Even though I had some problems with the episode, I found the revelations to be funny in some instances (typical high school skeletons on display) and somewhat interesting in a way to bring out stuff simmering underneath (Pete's pining for Chloe), but Chloe was so callous in the way she just let people spill their guts with very little regard to the impact of such revelations. Of course, the lesson was somewhat imparted on her, but still, her initial level of insensitivity was startling.

Evan M

Second Unit
Who do you want to take to Prom? "Fitz"

:eek:

Saw, taht coming as soon as the question was asked though..

Diallo B

Screenwriter
this was my favorite episode of the season. i usually watch smallville while doing something else because it does not require all of my attention. but this episode grabbed my attention. i had to rewind and play back so many lines right after they were said because i was thinking, "did he/she just say what i think they said???"

this is exactly how i felt about this episode. all that draaaaaaaaggggggiiiiiiinnnnggggggg would usually let me do something else. not on this night.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I thought that was pretty funny too. I liked Chloe's and Clarks awkward look.
I hope we see those two guys again.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Off directing next week's episode, ot ar least doing the prep work for it.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Just saw the episode, and it had many ups and downs. I thought it was kinda cool that Pete had to swap one big secret for another to protect Clark's identity on the elevator. Of course, we all know he ends up with Lana anyways. I must agree with most people about Chloe being such a frustrating character since she can't take responsibility for her actions, and just makes some of the stupidest decisions ever. Serves her right to lose the voicemail message, she had no reason to show all her cards. Coulda bs'ed her way outta it, like saying she sent it to an undisclosed server, when she actually just recorded it to her phone. Something! Anything! Also, was anyone pissed off to see how drunk with power she was? I know this seems extreme, but I know most of you were hoping when she was weaving back and forth on the road, you hoped she just might pull a Tavon. *pause for appalled boo's before continuing* Don't lie, a lot of you were thinking it, just as sure as you cheered to yourself about Lana possibly leaving. Some reporter, doesn't even question how her car seems to be very much on the road when she comes to in a nice PF wink. Good thing Clark's superstrength didn't smash her to a pulp when he had to inject her. What is it about this show with frustrating female characters? Those complaints aside, it was an ok episode, next week's looks so much more promising.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey

I thought the same thing. It would have been humorous if he accidently put his hand through her chest. OOPS!

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu

SORRY Holadem! Mebbe I shoulda put that in spoliers, I thought it had been brought up in numerous Smallville threads how in the comics that's how it eventually ends up. My bad.

Evan M

Second Unit
I didn't know either. Just for the record. Not terribly concerned about it, but wouldn't have guessed it otherwise.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks