Smallville 4/15/03 (It's new!)

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by DeathStar1, Apr 13, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

just out of curiosity, considering the preview but is this episode a....

'Someone discovers Clarks Secret'

type of show? If you beleive the previews, could be a fun ep..

2. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

From what I've read it's even more than that:

It sounds like the guy has powers so similar to Clark that Clark believes he may be from Krypton.

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    its funny too, because over on the smallville fan site, they have speculations about this episode and what is to come

people are saying
    that the "Visitor"(which the episode is called) is a Zod knock off. People are chanting "Kneel before Zod!" But the visitor is called Cyrus

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Just making sure Smallville fans take note that tonight's is a new episode (after over a month of re-runs!) and it's the first of 6 new episodes taking us into the conclusion of the May Sweeps month.

5. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, It's been about 2 months. [​IMG]

I remebmer clearly because about the time the last new Smallville episode aired, I was going house crazy being snowed in by the big 2 FT + blizzard for about 2 weeks. Still recovering from that, but getting better thanks to the warm weather finally making a return [​IMG].

6. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    It was an ok episode. Standard stock Bullies. The Clark/Lana flirtations and Ma and Pa Kent going through the motions.

Ya think Luthor has a crush on Clark? Now I know what all that Slash writing is about.

I was hoping the bullies would get what they deserved.

7. Rex Bachmann

Rex Bachmann Screenwriter

Rex Bachmann
    Mikel_Cooperman wrote (post #6):

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Whoa, Dr. Helen was looking mighty nice in last night's episode. I applaud Lex's constant pursuit of the good doctor.

I wish they made Cyrus just a little more likeable, and less strange (yes, alien), but I guess that was the point.

Boy, I pity anyone else who finds out about Clark's secret because they either die or lose their mind.

I hope we find out a little more of Martha's condition after her visit with Helen, and whether Helen can keep her yap shut to Lex now that Lex has opened the door into his obsession for her.

9. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

Yeah, as much as I enjoy this show, I'm afraid that Clark's graduating class will be nobody but the four main teen characters, because everyone else in the school will be dead or crazy.

10. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Heh, no one is mentioning the fact that the transmitter actually seemed to be WORKING for a while there untill the bullies interfered. Maby a little 'what if' thrown to us by the writers....

11. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yeah, if the kid wasn't an alien, that was a really impressive light show! (You wonder if they really wanted to try and have it both ways, or if someone just thought, "It would be really cool if it looked really cool!" and went overboard with the effects.)

Knowing Lex's obsession, Helen should voluntarily stop treating Martha so that she doesn't learn anymore, kind of like plausible deniability. Unless of course, she is curious as well....

//Ken

12. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I was upset that Cyrus became a vegetable after saving the dumbass bully. I would have just let the guy die. He deserved it. And what's with Clark mentioning how great it was that Cyrus saved the bully, but forgetting that he peer-pressured him into it.

So was the healing ability from the meteor rocks again? Also, did Clark move that metal object (that slammed into the pickup causing it to burn down) with his mind?

13. Bruce_S

Bruce_S Second Unit

The episode was alright. I don't like the way, Martha, went to Helen for her second opinion of her pregnancy without the approval of her husband. I'm thinking - this is going to play a major role as part of the cliffhanger. It's going to backfire in Martha face's - it seems, to me, she seems a bit naive in having a total confidence in the doctor and client priviledge and might open up more about Clark with Helen. Guess, we will shall see how it turns out.

--bruce

14. Qui-Gon John

Qui-Gon John Producer

Even if Helen never tells Lex or anyone anything, what's to say Lex doesn't ahve her office bugged or some other way of finding out.

15. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland
    I'm thinking Helen is going to turn into the doc from the comics, from STAR labs who has all Superman's confidence, knows all his secrets, and who they go to for a medical explanation of what is going on with Clark's body.

16. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

17. Chuck Mayer

Chuck Mayer Lead Actor

Chuck Mayer
    Skipping the discussion...when's the Sunday re-airing????

Take care,
    Chuck

18. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

I thought the machine was working.

Kinda like the KPAX movie.

The alien inhabited the boy's body.

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Easy View on Sundays for Smallville is 5 p.m. EDT.

20. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

The light show reminded me of "Roswell" first season finale. Too bad it was still on. It would have made an interesting cross over episode.

If Luther came out, Smallville would have it's first gay character, otherwise you'd think the doctor would have had some kind of reaction to his secret room.

It funny how not even Lana mentioned Cyrus healing her horse or the bullies at the end talking about Cyrus healing the dude with the broken neck. I guess it's just another day in Smallville.