What's new

smallville 2/4/04 (1 Viewer)

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
I thought it would be just another freak of the week show. But, when Clark touched Jordan and his vision of the Superman cape and clouds and a eternal light. I just said out loud ...YES!

I have my doughts of Adam being Bruce. Based on the piano scene. He could be misleading Lex and us. So, I'll reserve judgement for now.

Anyone catch the look Lana gave Clark after her rescue? It was as if she saw Clark and understood him. Hard to say. I just noticed her look as being a little more in toon with Clarks abilities.

The ending also surprised me with jonathan. Right out of the original Superman movie. Very cool. Just before that Clarks earth mom says...you can't save everyone Clark!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Ah, but there's also an ad to "Talk to the Dead" for a cleric, and that phone number is only one off from Adam's...

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
When Jordan saw Lana's death, the old guy with her didn't look like Pete, did it? Was she wearing the clear ex-Kryponite necklace?

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Also, if Adam had really died and came back, amybe they're gonna tie that in with Jonathan. If he does die, maybe Clark will try to bring him back the same was Adam was brought back. Just a thought.

Did this episode remind anyone of the X-files episode where the dad from everybody loves raymond can tell you how your going to die? Scully asks him how she's gonna die, and he replys "you dont". That is one of my favorite eps of that series, and I loved this ep of smallville.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

That was Peter Boyle in one of his best roles (and I think it led to his spot on Raymond...he was out of it for a while). Yah, they were similar but thankfully a happy ending. I like how Boyle's character handled it. Become an insurance salesman! :D

Yeah, what was the shiny thing they made a point of with Lana? Neat.

Phil

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Kyle that rules. Wait, Kyle McKnight...Dark McKnight....he's the Batman!!! :D

That is the old meteor, I assume? Very cool.

Thanks for that shot!

Ciao,

Phil

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I must have missed something. When did Batman die? I'm only familair with Animated series and Batman Beyond continuity, so I don't know anything about the original comics.

I always thought it would be a cool scene in Batman Beyond to have old Bruce die and meet his parents in an afterlife experience..

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Yeah, a great episode, probably in the top five. To get further off-topic, there was another indication that Scully was somehow immortal -- the one with the photographer that, uh, sees dead people. Or if he looks at you, you die, or something like that, and Scully didn't. On the other hand, maybe Clyde was just being nice :)

James T

Screenwriter
I still think Adam is Batman to us(or those who recognize his past) and Adam Knight to everyone else. The writers are not allowed to use Bruce Wayne because WB believes it may hurt the Christian Bale movie. There were plans for a cameo of Bruce competing with Lex, but I guess they reworked it and came up with Adam.

The fire that Adam had in his dream could be the gun shot. Bullets are mighty hot, especially when they are stuck inside you.

And most Batman fans know that Bruce Wayne describes himself as Batman. In Bruce's mind, Bruce Wayne died when his parents died.

I have no idea about the drugs. It could be a new version of 'roids, but I really don't like that idea. I don't like the lazurus pit idea either.

And the piano. It may have been something his mother wanted, but it could have also been something she never got around to purchasing.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Still off topic, but the photograher episode was a great follow up to Clyde Bruckman. The photographer, on his deathbed was able to see death coming, and turned away from him. Ever since, he can see death coming but it always ignores him, so he's really old and immortal. At the end, Scully and him are both shot and she sees death coming, but turns away so that he can finally die, but she doesn't. Great episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks