TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
that was a good ep.

don't read if you havent seen.

i wish we could have seen what the future seer had seen with adam.
and i loved the vision of the cape flying.

could adam be a red herring and not actually be the dark knight?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I wished as well they would have shown us what Jordan saw when he bumped into Adam.

Could these new drugs help Adam develop his physical prowess (should he grow up to be a dark knight...)? I know purists wouldn't want a juiced up dark knight, so it's just mild speculation.

Wonder what else Chloe found out about Adam in her digging.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Was I the only one screaming at my TV when they had the cape shot? Talk about an adrenaline rush...

I'm glad I was wrong about the Johnathan Kent collapse being a preminition cop-out; wonder how they're going to write themselves out of that one? Beautiful mirror to the Glen Ford death scene, too.

Overall, one of the better written episodes this season.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Missed the thing with the cape flapping, musta happened when I got up for a drink.
Overall good episode. The ending was very unexpected, but knew its day was coming at some point.

As for Adam potentially being Batman......I dont like it. The drug thing and the fire dreams.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
I have a feeling you're just going to set yourself up for disappointment if it turns out this guy ISN'T Batman.

And he isn't, anyway

I'm enjoying the character just fine as he is.

I missed the cape too, and I'm with Adam in wondering how they're going to deal with Jonathan's collapse--because the next episode is Pete's "Fast and the Furious" episode--doesn't seem to have too much to do with the Kent's dealing with Jonathan's "Death" or whatever it is.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Very cool episode. I liked the character of Jordan and enjoyed his interplay with Clark.

One question though, during that explosion wouldn't Clark have smashed Jordan being the man of Steel and all?
I am guessing we will find out what exactly Jordan saw in a future episode. He did tell Lana some things but I think the plot will unfold as he is signed on for a few more episodes.
The ending was very well done and pretty intense music cues. But is Jonathon really leaving the show.
Isnt that something we would have heard about?
It's too early to kill the character off in my opinion.

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I browsed my Tivo listing to find out what next week's episode was called and found possible Jonathan Kent situation info there

which said...

"Jonathan's deal with Jor-El begins to take its toll". To me this seems to imply that he is obviously not dead. Darn TiVo spoiling the suspense.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Brian,

When he said the words, "not yet" or something to that effect, I assumed that it was the Jor El deal. But I'm also glad it wasn't a premonition death cop-out... what a great ending to the episode! Then we get a commercial for next week's Speed/Fast and the Furious cross... ugh.

I loved the shifty nature of Lex in this episode, the dynamic between Chloe and Clark, and I damn near screamed when I saw the cape!

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Enjoyed the episode. Nice to see the cape scene.

What is all this talk about Adam being Batman? My Batman knowledge must be really shakey if he really is. Was it announced or rumored that they were gonna have a "superhero cameo"? I'd personally like to see it, but I hope that Adam Knight isn't it. (I guess its cause of the name that I don't)

JoeU

Grip
If Adam isn't really Bruce Wayne then the writers seem to be doing their best to make people believe he is. Jordan's telling Lana that he thought Adam had died coupled with Adam's earlier nightmare's about burning up made me think he may have taken a dip in the Lazarus Pit.

Loved the vision of the cape too. One of this year's best shows IMO. Don't know about next week's ep though based on the preview.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
The last episode SCREAMED Adam is Bruce... but this one was a lot different, and gave a great spin on the character. I'm absolutely LOVING season 3.

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
I doubt Adam is Bruce... at least I hope not. In the scene where he's playing the piano, he mentions that his parent would have died to have a piano like that... or something to that effect. And we all know that Bruce and his family are loaded.

An ok episode. The cape part was cool.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Adam is not Batman.
Adam is the long lost son of Michael Knight, and he is on a desperate search for the lost parts of KITT, so he can rebuild the car and have his vengeance on Luthorcorp for dismantling the Knight Rider project years ago.

He may be trying to hide it, but I am on to him!

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Personally, I think Adam was supposed to be Bruce Wayne. They wove it into their season plan hoping against hope they'd get the greenlight from DC to include it, but they never got it. Therefore, they had to keep Adam and just changed the outcome.

The other big rumor was the kid playing Adam was who they had cast as Bruce Wayne when they were planing on doing that show, but ended up doing Smallville instead.

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Wow, that was a fab episode, easily the best this season in what I think has been a mostly strong season. I don't see any Adam/Bruce stuff this week at all. I like the Lazarus Pit idea, but that would be pretty obscure for Supe fans. The cape thing was way too amazing. The creator's original mission statement made me thing we wouldn't see any of this kind of thing but these glimpses are so much fun.

Jordon's story was so well done. I know there have been "I see soon-to-be dead people" type characters in sci fi television but this was a great way to tell it. I wish we had some closure with his dad, who was kind of cool, too. They usually have overprotective parents being kind of near-villain level and he wasn't at all and that was neat.

I agree, Father Kent's collapse probably has to do with Jor-El's deal and I doubt they would just end it in one episode. That screams mid-season sweep or season finale to me, not to be too jaded. Hasn't he been complaining in subtle ways all season, but he and his wife jokingly mark it up to "not being young" any more, if they remarked upon it at all. Very nifty.

Will we see other DC characters, though? A young Diana dating Lex? Barry on the Olympic track team coming through town? Huh? Huh? :D

Phil

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
I was browsing the WB website (is that a bad thing?) and they have some mock-newspaper articles covering this week's events. Neat idea, really. One was about Jonathan Kent being rushed to the hospital, one about the house exploding. It had silly little classifieds as well. One was Lana selling her crutches, Adam looking for used furniture to stock his apartment and then this one Lost and Found one. A young person lost a school bag with the intitials "B.W." on it. The phone number listed was only one digit off of the one used for Adam! As if to say...close but no cigar? I thought it was funny, anyway...

Phil

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks