What's new

Smallville 2-4-02 of course there's spoilers! (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
OK folks,

It's sweeps for pete sakes :). Anyone else agree it's time for Clark to come clean? We've seen Pete can handle it, despite getting into trouble, so can Lana. I was half expecting him to come clean right then and there...

I also hate that there was no tie up between Lex and Clark, because now that relationship seems to be going completly bad. It was going to happen sooner or later, but I still hate to see it go...

Still better than last weeks ep. Next weeks looks good to.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I feared the worst after "Red." This episode was much better, dealing with the serious ramifications of the care-free personality brought on by Red Kryptonite. Overall, I liked it.

Good that we're going to find out what happened to that crazy woman's Luthor offspring.

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
awesome episode :)

clark should just come clean w/Lana and let her know what's up.

i loved the look on clark's face when he was innudated w/the Red kryptonite.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode.

The very last scene with Lana was heartbreaking, you could feel the pain of what Clark had to go through. There was no way he was going to talk after it's been well proven by Peter that sharing his secret is no gift. The extended shot on his face before he dropped the rose and left was so painful to watch. There was simply nothing to be done about the situation.

I was expecting Chloe to actually remember bits and pieces (and to lie about it on the hospital bed). I guess she truly did forget everything.

--
Holadem

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Seemed like yet another contrived, "let's keep Clark and Lana apart" episode to me. Clark was no longer under the effects of the red and was trying to break off the kiss before they saw Lana. And the fact that Pete was just fine when he broke their date can be explained too. So there's really no reason for her to be upset.

Plus why didn't Clark X-ray Chloe when she was clearly acting out of character?

//Ken

Roberto Carlo

Second Unit
Seemed like yet another contrived, "let's keep Clark and Lana apart" episode to me.
Amen.Smallville is starting to remind me of "Ed" and not in a good way. There was no bloody reason for Clark to ask Lana out last night. None whatsoever. He was still sensible, responsible, Kryptonite-free Clark. The reasons for holding off were still operative. The only reason that it happened was to give the writers another 10-episodes worth of excuses to keep him and Lana apart. Fine! If they aren't meant to be for whatever reason, then say so. But this "will they or won't they" bulls**t wears really thin.

I feel better now. Thank you.

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Enjoyable episode last night. Lotsa Fun.

Gooo Chloe!

Although, this show is frustrating at time with cheap attempts to keep the couples apart.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Bad Clark is so much fun. There were plenty of instances of sharp dialog, and I think the reason Clark didn't x-ray Chloe was because, well, I think he was "into" the whole bad girl side of Chloe before he came to his senses, and by then Pete slipped him the Red-K.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
The reason Clark didn't x-ray Chloe is because he didn't suspect that it was the parasite. He thought she was just acting funny because she knew about his date with Lana.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The only thing that's frustrating about the Clark - Lana thing is how badly they don't communicate after all this time when something "bad" happens to make the other one think they are just jerking the other person around. The first couple of times it might play naturally, but these characters now have some history together, and you'd think they'd clear the air instead of giving each other the steely cold stare and furrowed brow.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Definitely Chloe is hotter than Lana.

I think that Clark should have reconciled with Lana and Lex by telling them he was not really in control of his actions because of one of the following reasons:

1. He was infected by the parasite too.

2. For some reason, the red meteor rocks affected him in much the same way as the parasite did the others.

Obviously #1 is easier. #2 would open up some questions, like why, but we've seen how these rocks have affected many different people in different ways, so not too hard to explain this wall of weird phenomena.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
There is no reason for Clark to bring up the red K rock excuse. No one outside of Clark's parents and Pete (and maybe the Luthors) has any idea that there are red K rocks which affect humans in any strange manner whatsoever. There's no documented proof that the red K rocks do anything to humans, unlike the green K rocks, which has been responsible for many of Clark's adversaries on the show. I doubt many people in Smallville know of the red K rocks at all.

Clark might get away with saying that the parasite scratched him and inflicted some of the madness on him as was inflicted upon the ravers, Pete and Chloe. But he didn't get a parasite extracted from his body, so he can't quite claim the same degree of madness as Pete or Chloe.

Either way, Lana ain't buying anything that Clark Kent feller is selling.

Now an interesting twist to be used for later in the season is the revelation that Chloe does know Clark's secret, but has decided to play dumb about the whole incident. That could be played for some fun and laughs.

todd stone

Screenwriter
I am surprised no one mentioned this...

Remember last weeks episode where petes transam got burnt to a crisp? This week he has a new transam. Boy petes rich! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks