1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Smallville 2/26/02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Feb 27, 2002.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

An uneven episode, but still compelling.
    My mouth was agaped when Chloe fell, and Clark didn't save her. I was really surprised.
    The "walk-thru-walls" super power from the krytonite tattoo ink was pretty strange and flimsy (I never did understand why people who walked through walks are able to maintain their position on the surface of the earth - why don't they sink through? How do they propel themselves through stuff if they don't have traction?) Anyhow, goofy super power and all, I enjoyed the characterizations, the bonding, the growth in Lana (how she didn't give up on her dream once she figured out how to "reach" Lex, though at the end, she got that look as if she just made a bargain with the devil. [​IMG]
    Overall, I enjoyed the episode.

2. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

I thought it was a pretty good show but nothing special.

I really like the fact that Lex stole the "meteor ink" so he can use it at a later date and Lana's look after they agreed on the deal.

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

4. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Clark didn't save CLoe because when one of the guys grabbed Clark, the Kryptonite from the guys veins in his hands effected Clark and made him weak.
    Therefore, Clark couldn't super speed to the ground floor

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I'm not disputing that Clark was in disposed at the time, but I was just shocked nonetheless. It's another one of those life lessons that Clark learns (like his parents told him). I just didn't like it when it happened to Chloe, the girl's got spunk, and has a quick wit. She also tagged him with "Clark Kent: Investigative Reporter" in the episode (more foreshadowing w/r/t the lore of Superman).

I thought Lex implied that he wouldn't tell the cops about the super powers that ex-jocks had to be able to walk through walls, if the ex-jocks wouldn't tell on Lex's skimming of $$$ from his dad's company. That he might have some of the tattoo ink would make him more curious of the effects that the meteors have on humans, and he might erroneously think Clark has powers derived from the rocks as well (he'd be wrong, but it's easy to conclude that given what he knows of Clark's "abilities").

6. Tom Keels

Tom Keels Stunt Coordinator

My biggest problem with the walk through walls stuff was why are they're clothes able to go through too. And what Patrick said about falling through the earth. I did like the guys arm stuck in the vault though.

And yes Lana's reaction was classic. Kind of a "What did I just get myself into" look.

7. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

The reason I think Lex stole the "meteor ink" is when Clark left him back at the apartment Lex eyes the place and then Chloe at the end said that nobody found any of the meteor ink. Or I could be looking to much into this and Lex just got rid of/or hiding the evidence as leverage against the two crooks. The latter might be true but knowing that Lex will be a bad guy makes me think he will use it for his own selfish gain eventually.

I forgot that Chloe gave him the "Clark Kent Ivestigative Reporter".

8. Ed Jewell

Ed Jewell Agent

My only thoughts are about this episode:
    I think Lex saw Clark make the save at the end but is keeping quiet about it.
    Who was supplying this gang with the meteor ink, or was a gang member cooking this stuff up on his own?
    [​IMG]

9. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

This was Lex's episode and I love how shady his character is! But what I want to know is, does Whitney know that Clark saved him, he sure looked like he did. (He had that WTF gaze.)

And remember, it doesn't pay to rob Lex Luthor!

10. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I've missed the last couple of episodes so I'm basically watching them vicariously through these messages [​IMG] . I have a question about this one, based on something I saw earlier in the thread:
    Did Chloe die when she fell? Or is she just injured?

Thanks in advance.

11. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Whitney, whatshisname (not that it matters for him), and maybe even the guy that pushed the button were probably looking up at the car, and didn't see Clark cover the distance that quickly.

Sci-fi (as opposed to fantasy) phasing has never been very plausible.

//Ken

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

James,

Chloe was only injured - she broke her arm, I think the left arm, and had some bruises around her left eye, and probably some more bruises on her body.

13. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

Thanks for the info Patrick.

I suppose it would have been a pretty gutsy move to take out a character like that, but it did work - and well IMO - on Angel.

14. DonWinzen

DonWinzen Stunt Coordinator

How can you see what was written in spoiler sections?

15. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

swipe the text in the black spoiler boxes with your mouse. [​IMG]

16. Jeremiah

Jeremiah Screenwriter

Thanks Rob, I always wondered what people were saying.

BTW, how old is Lex supposed to be on the show? His friends are all in High School but he runs a segment of his dads billion dollar company. 24?

17. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

At the time of the meteor shower, Lex was 9-10 years old in 1989, so that was 13 years ago, so that makes Lex roughly 22-23 years old, which is roughly 6 years older than Clark who is around (believe it or not) 15-16 years old.

18. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yeah, Tom Welling does a great job, but there's no way he can play a freshman. Oh well, a little suspension of disbelief, as for most actors that play teens. Is Whitney supposed to be a senior?

//Ken

19. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I think Whitney is a senior because he was offered a football scholarship, and it was taken away from him. No college I know of offers scholarships to underclassmen.