What's new

Smallville 2/25/04 (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Well, this was pretty much a filler episode clueing most of the characters into revelations we already knew, and another ending where Clark and Lana have to re-define their relationship, again.

I would like to have a chat with the show's casting director. The kid in this episode looked twelve with all that baby fat on his face, much like the Dante kid from the Pete episode a few weeks back. They have such strong leads (Clark and Lex) the villains have to have stong features as well or they look laughably weak. Also, if you want these mid-twenties actors to be believable as teens, you can't cast real teens against them.

However, I loved the moments between Martha and Jonathon. Especially the line that they had decided when the time came, they'd have to let Clark go. Brought a tear to me eye.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Also, if you want to vote for the fan favorites they'll be showing in March, here's the link.

The shows you can choose from are the producer's favorites. A pretty good mix.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
I thought the episode was kinda lame. This week instead of someone under the influence of Kryptonite we have a Kryptonite Bomb?
We meet a character that we have never seen before. Hmmm, wonder if he will be there by the end of the episode.

Very predictable.

Who was the Helicopter pilot? He looked familiar.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The helicopter pilot was one of the Lone Gunmen from X-Files.

This episode wasn't all that great (besides the family moments), but I did like the super-slow-mo shot of Clark zipping around, grabbing a lead cover to enable him to handle the silly K-Bomb before it exploded.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
So was it determined that the stuff used to inject people was in fact Clarks Blood? Or just his theory?

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the link Chad. Watching that scene from Rosetta always gives me goose bumps.

It looks like that one is in the lead as well.

It seems as though the serum is made from Clark's blood, thus the way it reacted to the kryptonite. Anyone start thinking "Universal Soldier" when they brought the guy's brother back to life?

Bill Williams

Screenwriter
Having caught up with Smallville again for the first time in several weeks (after having moved to a new apartment and being without cable for the first couple of weeks, then missing the last two weeks because of getting married - I did tape those last two episodes and got a buddy of mine to get me a copy of the previous ones), I finally got a chance to watch last night's new episode, "Resurrection".

Fairly good plot elements at times, but where did the kid come up with the Kryptonite bomb and vest? That left me scratching my head and going, "Huh?" And of course the whole Clark/Lana thing again... they just can't make up their minds whether or not to be serious about each other. It goes all the way back to the first season episodes.

Nice comics reference to Dr. Teng, who was the Asian scientist first introduced in John Byrne's "Man of Steel" miniseries in 1986 as the scientist attempting to clone Superman and instead came up with Bizarro.

That kid James Kirk, who was one of the guest stars... you know his parents knew right from day one that they were setting him up for serious hell in his life from other kids. Makes me wonder what episode or film they were watching when they decided to name their baby, or who his imaginary playmates were as he was growing up... Hmmmm... It'd be even eerier if his middle name really is "Tiberius" on his birth certificate! :D

BTW, I too voted for "Rosetta" as best episode ever. This season's upcoming "Legacy" should give it a run for its money, I think.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Bomb boy was not your usual Kryptonite freak, just a regular kid. So he becomes depressed and decides to off Clark's father to save his brother. Sorry I don't buy it. I understand the requirement for viewing these type shows (suspend disbelief and skepticism) but there is line. The writers crossed it last night.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
If Smallville has a primary failing, it's that they always reach for the big spectacle. This would have been a much stronger episode if it was centered entirely around Johnathan's operation with Lex's investigation into Lionel's lab as an unrelated minor sub-plot.

There were three moments I really liked, though.

The first was the moment Chad mentioned, where Johnathan tells Martha when the time comes she'll have to let Clark go. Serious flashes of the cornfield scene from S:TM, and just a very moving moment on the show.

The second was the papers blowing and the vial just being gone. The show usually shows Clark's super speed from his point of view, but the low tech shot of Lex and the Asian doctor's reaction was far more effective, in a way. Cool little moment.

The third was the moment when Lex leaves as Lana's packing away Adam's stuff. Just the music and lighting gave it a really seedy atmosphere that hinted at the life Lex is destined to lead.

I also got all jazzed up just watching the clip from Rosetta on the WB's site. One of the most spectacular moments in television.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Clark has really improved his super-speed ability; maybe a bit too much. First, he could pop into the building and steal the serum, and all the Dr. and Lex felt or saw was that slight rustle of wind. You might think he'd have to break the sound barrier to move that fast.

Perhaps even more impressive is being able to move the bomb before the chemical reaction of the explosives. Fun to watch, but the plausibility might be even lower. I suppose if kryptonite is a fuel additive, it also helps blow things up better :rolleyes

And notice how they don't bother explaining the events: the sniper shoots the kid, but the bomb miraculously disappears from his body and something blows up somewhere else? Was Clark in the guy's scope, because he simply vanished and ended up standing in the field watching the explosion. (And don't you go for the head shot, to minimize the chance of him pushing the button?)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
A cool little tidbit from the Smallville site. On the 'Smallville Ledger' page there's a story that the teleporting girl from last week escaped from jail without a trace.

I think we may be seeing more from her in the future.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I really like Smallville. But the kryptonite is killing me. The things this stuff does are boundless. And it seems anyone can get some of it easier than buying a bottle of whiskey.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
There was a throw away line from Pete that the kid's Brother used Kryptonite in his blasting equipment for bigger blasts. It makes it seem that there's so much Kryptonite laying about. You would think someone would actually start looking into it.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

It is literally lying all over the ground all over parts of Smallville. I guess the idea now is to use it all up so that it will be rare when Supes becomes Supes.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

Nah. More like he moves to Metropolis not because he wants to go to a bigger city, it's to get away from all that green stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks