What's new

Smallville 2/18/04 (1 Viewer)

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I've got a question that isn't really related to Smallville, but more to the Superman comics. I've always been a bit of a Marvel guy myself, but I think I'd like to start reading some Superman. Any suggestions on what books to start with?

Thx!

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator
THis episode was ok i think they should have drawn psycho girl out a little longer to play more with the Clark/Lana thing. That and I'd like to see more of her ;)
My biggest problem with Smallville over all is that Kryptonite can do everything! give or take super powers, reduce aging, help with weight loss, improve your baseball game, improve your 1/4 mile time, remove stubborn stains, eliminate odors..... When the hell is billy mays going to have a cameo.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Finally, I got a chance to watched this show after taping it on Wed. - had some vcr issues. I can't afford TIVO yet. hehe

I got a few questions, I hope someone might able to answer them.

1) What happened to Alicia at the end? She got plastered by lead paint? I don't think, Clark or anyone indicated where she went. Another person knowing Clark's secret in the looney bin?

2) It seems Adam was a mole to Lionel to spy on Clark. Does the speculation of young Bruce Wayne is out the window?

Thanks in advance,
bruce

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Bruce_S, here's my take:

1. Alicia's apparent weakness was that she could not teleport through lead. Clark had garnered this bit of information from her parents who said they'd once constructed a room that would keep her from teleporting. A quick scan of their house and Clark surmised that the lead-lined room was the one they talked about. Covering her from head to toe with lead-lined paint basically rendered her powers useless. She tried to teleport, but couldn't go anywhere. I assume the next scene was the Sheriff leading her away in handcuffs (which leaves yet another person who knows Clark's secret in the prison system).

2. From what I've gathered through all the articles and posts, it seems that the writers had the intention of writing in Adam Knight (possible tip of the hat to Adam West and the Dark Knight for his name) as a young Bruce Wayne. However, the show eventually hit a dead end with Warner Bros. who owns the rights to Batman (I believe) - they wouldn't allow the use of the character. So, the Smallville writers took the story arc in another direction. Who knows if we've seen the end of it...

Great show, by the way! :emoji_thumbsup:

Jeff Keene

Supporting Actor

Matt --

If the John Byrne "Man of Steel" trade paperback still exists, that is the origin of the "current" age of Superman. Here is a nice site devoted to the Superman comics. Lot's o' information.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Thanks, Jeff! Looks like their are a few Man of Steel TPBs up on eBay. I'll be sure to pick one up.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

To be fair, that's just my speculation on what happened with that character, and is no way based in fact.

Ivan Lindenfeld

Second Unit
Naaaah. They were just messing with a buncha fanboys/girls. It makes perfect sense that he was just a reanimated young man, infused with a constant stream of Clark's blood or an extract thereof. And Lionel's mole.

Did we already know that Clark cannot see through lead? Because we do now!

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
She may be a hottie, but Kristen Kreuk is still the hottest of the hotties on that show. I find myself getting really frustrated because of Clarks ineptness towards Lana. What a putz.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks