What's new

Smallville - 2/11/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lucas Luther is back in town and secrets come flowing out!

I enjoyed this episode. It was great to see Lex doing some farm chores, gaining some humility.

When Lucas threw that cue ball (or pool ball) at Lionel's head, I actually ducked in my own living room. Talk about unexpected even if they just hinted that Lionel could now see, I didn't expect the radical way for Lucas to prove it. Cool.

Exactly why did Clark need to find work at the Talon? That seems to come out of the blue (unless you are to think he's trying to save up for college). Clark and Lana are starting to tread water. Chloe was mischievious in spots, I do like the character of Chloe.

You just knew that Clark was going to let Lucas get the best of him mentally in the pick-up game at the Kents farm. But it was fun to see Clark gorilla dunk on him.

I'm still having a hard time imagining Lex in plaid.

Rocky F

Second Unit
To combine Smallville talk with HT talk, did anybody recognized the speakers Lucas had with his plasma screen? They had the tall, flat look, like Martin Logans, but they look like they had a blue back light in them. Just wondering if that was something real, or just an overactive prop department.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Yep, same here. Didn't find too many faults with this one, except for the strange Lucas and Lex twist toward the end. I either missed something, or the episode was too smart for me ;).

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lucas had too many bad people on his trail, and Lionel wasn't up to helping his son ward them off, but Lex stepped up and basically put Lucas in a "witness protection" scheme for the time being. That's what I got out of the whole tag-team of Lex/Lucas on their pop, Lionel.

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I don't know the whole Lana/Clark thing is really begining to tick me off. Good episode though, loved the hurt elbow bit during the basketball scene, however coud have done without the clark showboating scenes. Shoulda just had him drain a few three's.

Joseph Howard

Stunt Coordinator
Yup, this episode got me. I didn't have a clue about the double twist ending until it was upon us. I liked that I didn't see it coming.

Good stuff.

Has anyone noticed that the last couple episodes have been less of the "monster of the week" shows and more story arc?

I find the new formula better but it seems like a paradigm shift has occured.

Dr. Joe

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I loved this episode! The Clark/Lana saga is getting a little old but maybe it's building up to something big.(Soon I hope!) I really enjoyed seeing Clark get a little pumped during the Bball game. :) It was also nice to see Pete keep him in check.:emoji_thumbsup:

I still like Lex the most, he's got to be my favourite character in the show.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
I dunno. First Lucas coldcocks Jonathan, so the guy should have been arrested for assault. Or maybe next episode, we see Jonathan really suspicious of Lex, because he clearly knows what happened, but is protecting the guy. Or more likely, it'll be as if never happened, because all they really wanted is for that shot of Lucas knocking out Jonathan so they could put it in the teaser.

Then Lex somehow convinces Lucas that Lionel is really not on his side, so they come up with a scheme were they put blanks in the guns. Then Lucas puts a gun to Lionel's head, and when Lucas fall down, Lionel tries to shoot Lucas in self-defense (for himself and maybe even Lex), which proves what? (And I wonder what they were planning to do if Clark hadn't intervened, but I'll give them that one.)

And Lex gets everything back how?

//Ken

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
The problem is that the brothers could not have foreseen Clark heating up Lucas's gun, making him drop it, and then Lionel uses the gun that was pointed at Lex to shoot Lucas. That part doesn't really make much sense. Maybe the brothers planned for Lex to trip Lucas, thus giving Lionel the opportunity to show his true colors by shooting at Lucas, which would then prove Lex's point about Lionel not having Lucas's back. Clark just provided the brothers an easier way to get Lionel to shoot at Lucas with the gun loaded with blanks.

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
So what they did was put Lionel in a decision-making scenario... how much do you love your son, enough to take a bullet yourself? That's the scenario. If Lionel would have pulled the trigger on Lex, we would have had the answer. Instead, Clark interviened and a different outcome occured, but the same lesson was learned.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Great show.

But what really bugged me about that scene that Lex staged was that if Lionel had shot Lex at point blank range, he'd be dead. Blanks are deadly at point blank. So either he's too stupid to know that and lucked out by Clark's intervention, or he was really taking his chances.

I wonder if Lionel will pull Clark's fingerprints from the inside of the ventilation duct.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I wonder if Lionel will pull Clark's fingerprints from the inside of the ventilation duct.

>>>

was thinking the EXACT same thing as I watched it. He's the type of person to think of something like that, once he regains his composure. Although, they may just throw it off as some strange co-incidence and not follow it further.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Lex has Lucas in his pocket (another 10% share) plus most of the shareholders. I thought this was explained in the beginning?
That particular point, yes. Didn't Lionel also say something about Lex being vulnerable because he had leveraged himself too much? Because now that Lex has control, Lionel is not out on the street in the same way. It still seems like everything simply reset, as if nothing happened. Again, a little too neat.

//Ken

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Definitely my favorite thus far this season.

But what really bugged me about that scene that Lex staged was that if Lionel had shot Lex at point blank range, he'd be dead. Blanks are deadly at point blank.
Really? I thought the point of blanks was that they can't do any harm and just make noise and smoke?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I thought blanks are only deadly point blank if you get shot in the neck or something (and not necessarily even then). Otherwise, you'll get a minor burn and a big bruise.

Glenn L

Stunt Coordinator

Unfortunately, Link Removed would be a good example of this not being true. Brandon was killed by the brass cap still being on the blank when it was fired. But even if that cap isn't left on, the paper wadding can maim or kill (another) at close range.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks