Smallville 11/20/01

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Nov 20, 2001.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I sort of liked this episode due to the fortune-teller old lady. I liked that Clark makes her feel good about herself because of his aura of "goodness".

Yikes! Lex goes for a "reading" and the lady sees Lex as President of the US, and then I noticed that Lex has a gloved right hand (in the comics Lex lost his right hand due to the Kryptonite ring he wore to ward off Superman, but the radiation caused his hand to contract cancer and they had to cut it off). Then Lex is in a field of daisies which shrivel up and die at his touch, and the whole world withers away, and he gets showered by blood storm. This reading kills the old lady, and freaks out Lex, who runs away, not knowing what to make of things that occured.

2. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

The foreshadowing in this episode was fantastic.

When Lex was shown in the White House, my first thought was that it was a reference to Superman II when Zod is in charge, and Lex was shown in the office. Maybe this was the scene in old woman's vision.

Now, I haven't read any comics, so I could be way off. But still, this episode rocked. I'm still blown away by the ending. Little teases like tonight are what makes this show work IMO.

3. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Re: Lex:

In the comics currently, I believe Lex is now president of the US.

4. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

I thought it was a very cool episode too. I'm wondering though...why are all the meteor rocks (obviously we know it as kryptonite) only found in the water? Are these lakes and ponds formed from craters? (I know last week they called the lake they were at Crater Lake.) Were all the other rocks cleaned up? If so, why didn't they comb the lakes and ponds to clean up those rocks? Kent, Peter, and Cloe are figuring out the connection of the rocks to the "weirdness." Will they ever convince the right authorities to get rid of all the rocks? What will happen to the show after that?

I thought it was cool that we finally have someone that was "mutated" from the meteor shower and doesn't use their power for evil.

5. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

I loved this episode but I am getting tired of every Joe Blow getting their powers from Kryponite. Enough already!!

Besides that it was a great episode, Lex seems to steal every scene that he's in so far...

6. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

7. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

As an aside, our local WB station is showing the first two episodes back to back Thanksgiving night at 9:00 p.m.

-Gary

8. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

9. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

10. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

11. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

12. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Sounds good! Can you give me a link? [​IMG]

13. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

14. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

comics continuum just posted a review of the episode! [​IMG]
    NEW SMALLVILLE EPISODE
    "Jitters," a new episode of Smallville, is scheduled to air on Tuesday, Dec. 11 on The WB.
    Here's how the episode is described:
    "Clark (Tom Welling) and Lex (Michael Rosenbaum) team up to rescue Clark's high school class after a janitor (guest star Tony Todd) takes them hostage in LuthorCorp. He claims his deadly 'jitters' were caused by a mysterious contaminant and threatens to kill everyone unless he is shown a secret sublevel - which Lionel Luthor (guest star John Glover) denies ever existed."
    Michael Watkins directed the episode, which was written by Cherie Bennett and Jeff Gottesfeld.
    Look for interviews with cast and creators of Smallville soon here in The Continuum.

I knew it'd be airing in December! [​IMG]

15. Micheal

Micheal Screenwriter

Now that sounds good! (Unless the janitor has super powers) [​IMG]

16. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

The offical Smallville website is formatted like a newspaper. They usually have stories about events in previous and current episodes. Well, this was there now:

17. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

Smallville 11/27/01
    A not so subtle dig at eating disorders and the poor mental image of today's youth. From it's description, I thought I'd hate it, but I found it quite enjoyable, particularly the ending at the "drive-in." What'd y'all think?