What's new

Smallville 11/19/02 (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Very fun episode... The Home Improvement kid(Never could get those kids names straight), was pretty decent in this ep.

The only scene I found a little uncomfortable was at the end of the episode where Clhoe and Lana where apologizing to Clark. Instead of feeling greatfull, he actually turned on them, with a posotive scene turning into a strange one. Anyone else notice how he seemed to forget Clhoe after a few seconds as well?

Also, what was the preview for the next ep about? I wasn't paying attention to the tube untill I noticed the last 3 seconds of it..

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Neil, I agree it was good to see Clark toss around Jonathan Taylor Thomas's character like a ragdoll. :D I think at the end that Clark was somewhat justified by his response. Besides, Chloe and Lana were pretty quick to have a sort of "what about you, you bastard?" response. on a side note, I'm wondering have the writers are going to abandon the kryptonite-powered supervillians of the week routine altogether, and try to fool us by just having non-kryptonite-powered supervillians of the week now. Btw, my recording of Smallville cut off before next weeks preview showed, so I missed that as well, so if anyone caught it, please share!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
So when one of the doubles dies, what happens to the other one? They didn't even mention him at all.

As for next week it looks like there's an American Indian prophecy that Clark fits into, which also includes him hooking up with some girl other than Lana

//Ken

Chris Brunner

Second Unit
I don't know. If Lana had given ME that "mind your own business" speech, I'd probably have done just that. But I'm not Superman. (Well, not for REAL at least.)

c

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
I was surprised that Clark got all p***** at Chloe and Lana but he did have a point; they gave Ian all the slack and trust in the world over their good friend Clark who has proven to truly care about them.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
The only scene I found a little uncomfortable was at the end of the episode where Clhoe and Lana where apologizing to Clark.
I think the scene was supposed to do that for the audience. Clark may be a nice guy, but he's got limits, and seeing him do something not-so-nice to his best friends, well, call it character development. Superman would never do that, but Clark's just a teenager, with all the inherent emotional turmoil that entails.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
After Clark left the Talon he looked back and gave a little smile. That showed me that what he did inside was intentional and was playing a sort of new power game with the girls. He used to be the one they had power over, this time he was calling the shots. He wanted to get it through to them that they can't walk all over him and expect him to be at their beck and call. They've always been tiptoeing around the "more than friends" issue and this time he was able to get it out in the open and draw a line with both girls so that it was clear to all parties. Yes, it was uncomfortable, but I think it was a very smart move.
And I'm talking about it like it's real life. :rolleyes::D
Great episode! (Aren't they all? ;) ) But I guess we're suppose to just assume that Ian was a Kryptonite "monster" and that's where he got his power from?

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
Bill, I aggree with your assessment as I was thinking the same thing. However, I might not go as far to say that Clark was "playing games" with the girls. My take was that he went into the Talon still very upset with both of them. When he confronted them about being so close and yet being treated like an outsider, the girls' response was less than contrite. I think he did feel like he had power over them that he'd never experienced before because he called the shots saying they'd be friends and that's it. As he walked out of the Talon, I believe he began to notice how good that made him feel. Same sort of viewpoint, Bill, but I'm just not sure of the actual intentions. They're really doing a fine job of giving Clark plenty of character. I also agree with an earlier post that Superman's morals have not taken root as of yet. Clark is still a teenager trying to find his own way. Great show! :D

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe nobody has mentioned that doctor that has piqued Lex's interest, Helen Bryce. She is written to be exactly the type that would give Lex a run for his money (not dependent on his money (well-off father/plastic surgeon, has her own medical career, and nice to look at to boot, with an edge to her - hence her stint in anger management classes). Loved how Lex went off on the meter maid-dude's car. Just another bit of forming Lex's malevolent character for the future.

I'm sort of glad that Clark headed off the Chloe/Lana tag-team (since the 2 girls are now living together as sisters more or less). Clark is growing up, and handled that sticky situation well enough to keep both girls off guard. They looked positively pissed that Clark just wanted to be friends with the both of them. This is how high school happens for many male-female friends within their peer group that hang out together. Either hearts will be broken, or they all just remain friends and find a sig-oth outside the group to keep the group dynamic harmonious.

I wonder how Clark explained how he was at the bridge at the nick of time with no car providing his own transportation. Hmmm... I found it humorous that Clark falls faster than Chloe (laws of physics nonewithstanding). The thud Clark made at the bottom of his fall was also funny as well. Too bad they didn't address what happened to the rag doll Ian after his other part of him fall to his death (I assume).

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I thought Lex was out of character with smashing up the car, and I was waiting for some kind of explanation, possibly Kyrptonite related as to him acting weird. Absent that, I guess the first quirks of his descent to the dark side must be the answer. Also some resentment about him trying to do things fairly, unlike his father, he may be realizing not only nobody trusting him, but nobody willing to give him any credit for trying to break the mold of his father.

On Chloe's catch, I'm guessing super speed tiny movements of Clarks arms to slowly stop her descent. Otherwise the impact into his arms of steel would have been as bad as the ground, plus whiplash for her head/neck.

Well after this, Lana and Chloe had better believe Clark if he warns them about someone. But they probably won't. What I didn't get is why after Clark had his first suspicions and taled to Lana, then went to Chloe. Instead of attacking her he should have asked her about the interview and when she did it. Then just asked her to talk to Lana about the time she spent in the evening with Ian. Then they'd have realized right away that there had to be two of him, most likely they'd have assumed twins.

It'd be cool to be able to have a clone of yourself. I'd probably get by with one. That one could stay at my work and provide me my income. Then I'd be free to spend all my time doing whatever I wanted.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Lex's always had a self-destructive side to him in his younger days, which he tells us about after he realized where he first encountered Helen in a Metropolis hospital ER. He's reformed himself to a degree, but he had a slip in his anger management. This was brought on by the meter-maid-dude's over-generalization of his Lex's character (only going by the expensive car and vanity plate). This amount of disrespect is what pissed off Lex (and he let the m-m-d have it by telling him how much his company means to the Smallville community, and to have a m-m-d marginalize him is what set off his anger).

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>It'd be cool to be able to have a clone of yourself. I'd probably get by with one. That one could stay at my work and provide me my income. Then I'd be free to spend all my time doing whatever I wanted.
>
To quote a line from a favorite animated series that deals with cloning..
"Remember .... it's not nice to fool with mother nature " :).

Matt AFA

Grip

Isn't this from a certain butter-substitute commercial that pre-dates the cloning animated series?

If you think it's nature, but it's not....It's Chiffon.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>Isn't this from a certain butter-substitute commercial that pre-dates the cloning animated series?>
Damn,
I thought that was just some made up quote, with a joke they used in the show. Guess it really did come from a commercial :). Learn something new everyday, heh.
"Remember, it's not nice to fool mother nature..." "Wasn't that from a TV Commercial?" "Wisdom can come from many places.."
Was the entire set of lines..

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Matt-
If we are going to be accurate--the slogan started with, "If you think it's butter..."

What is the animated series you guys are speaking of?

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
I didn't raise an eyebrow at Clark falling faster than Chloe. I just figured Clark was subconsciously flying (by willing himself to fall faster) faster than gravity. He just hasn't realized that he's doing it yet.

As for why nobody questions how Clark can get out to the middle of nowhere in seconds with no car, I can offer no explanation. Perhaps the meteor rocks have made everyone in town dim-witted?

Sally F

Auditioning
I have never really seen any good explanations for any "superhero's" being at "the right place at the right time" -- too many questions would ruin the mystery for the viewers... they are still kicking around the reason why Clark was able to rescue Lana from the tornado of last season, but i'm sure Lana will never get a straight answer, as usual !
I agree about Lex that he will continue to show little things on his way to "the dark side" -- oh wait, this isn't Star Wars :D
I am one of the fans who is in favor of Clark hooking up with Lana. Remember the episode when Lana liked the boy who was locked up in the cellar and turned into a monster in the daylight? well, she told Clark that she liked that kid even though he was a monster. After that, why does Clark still hesitate to tell her about his own powers? and to note, Clark's powers don't even make him look scary :wink:
What do you all think of this stupid arrangement of Lana and Chloe as "roomies"? it makes it soooooooo "soap-opera-ish" ugh :)

Ning Wong

Stunt Coordinator
i don't konw how they do not explain the freak of the week.
they should at least try and explain why the villan can split in half!

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
After that, why does Clark still hesitate to tell her about his own powers?
To protect her. Too much knowledge could be a bad thing. Look at what almost happened to Pete after he knew Clark's secret. Plus, it could become a problem for Clark if too many people know. Someone might accidentally spill the beans.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks