What's new

Smallville 11-12-2002 Why can't heroes cry? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
I was a bit disappointed in this episode. The whole "even Superman can't fix everything" lesson is something that I'm sure Superman had to learn at some point, but the story just seemed somewhat trite and predictable to me. Also, I'm getting really tired of the heavy-handed foreshadowing they use to refer to future events in Supermans's life. The parallels with the comic book characters in the episode were so glaringly obvious that it was a bit insulting, and just in case anybody might have been too dense to figure out what the writers were getting at, they even superimposed the superhero's mask over Clark's face in that transition shot. Don't get me wrong, I love they way they've developed the character of Lex and the relationship between Lex and Clark; I just wish they'd use a little more subltly instead of spelling everything out so plainly.

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
I just got a chance to watch this episode and enjoyed it, although I didn't think that it was the best the series had to offer...
Clark did seem somewhat wooden to Ryan's fate, and the directors seemed to opt for the less emotional scenes (ie. the funeral, etc.)
I was however reminded of the old CBS Television show "The Flash" (I loved that show!!) during the scenes when Clark was running at super speed. I was half-expecting to see a red & yellow streak running up next to him...
Sigh... I wish that show lasted more than a season...:frowning:
Good thing we have Smallville show! :emoji_thumbsup:
Moe.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Speaking of the Flash, did anyone realize that Michael Rosenbaum (Lex Luthor on Smallville) is also the voice of the Flash on the JLA cartoon on Cartoon Central?

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Patrick,
Yup! I found out about it before the pilot actually aired. I found it somewhat ironic and funny at the same time.
Watching the show and listening to Flash's voice, you can barely tell. :)
Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks