What's new

Smallville - 10/8/03 (1 Viewer)

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
The show was way too violent to have been moved to the more family friendly hour of 8:00. But it also left a few questions that need to be addressed.

How did Clark sufficiently explain to both Lana and Chloe his odd behavior? Grief over his mother's miscarriage maybe, but that doesn't explain the extremes he went to. Not to mention Chloe's pretty sharp, wouldn't she be able to connect that there's a guy in Metropolis who is bullet-proof and disappears when Clark moves back to Smallville? (I'm sure that it can be explained away as the same reason that no one notices Clark looks amazingly like Superman, but it's still a hole to me).

How did the Kent's explain the guy stuck on a pitchfork to both Lana and the police? Robbery? A foreclosed upon farm. Not likely.

Not to mention that even though it was self-defence, Lana would not have an easy time having killed someone. No way would she bounce back from that one.

Like I said last week, it was a messy cliffhanger and a messy clean-up. I'm just looking forward to them getting past this and getting back to normal.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
I've been saying Clark should claim he was on drugs. He doesn't seem to be taking my suggestion, though.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Overall, a pretty good episode. Was anyone a little miffed about Clark's decision to save his parents the way he did. First of all, isn't he fast enough to stop both of the henchman with guns to his parents' head? Not only that, but I was groaning when I saw he was going to manually get more blood to give Edge. I thought he'd be smart enough to at least tell Edge he'd need some time to get more, and not use his only weakness right in front of all of them. Serves him right, considering they then duct-taped it to his chest. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. Looks like next week should be getting back on track.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
When Lex said to Lester, "I gotta get off this island" I thought, well then you better get voted off the island! :D

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Gregg, judging by thsi and previous episodes Clark isn't at all good at thinking on his feet. I'm not sure he's fast enough to disarm both thugs before they pulled the trigger, but he could have used heat vision.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Does his heat vision show to other people, or is that just for the audience's sake/ In other words, if the bad guys in the room would have seen red lasers shooting from his eyes, then thye may have killed Martha and/or Jonathan. But if they don't see that and all of a sudden the gun gets too hot to hold and they drop it, then hey, Bob's your uncle, as Austin powers would say!

Rocky F

Second Unit
I really enjoyed the episode, and I thought that the first five minutes was proof positive that a good superhero slugfest can be done on a tv budget.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

He's about as fast a bullet as shown in the first season "Hug." And these guns were right at his parents' head--I don't think he's that fast.

And another question I have: Why did Lana have to kill the one henchman? Story-wise it served no purpose. It would have been much more logical to just have both henchmen load Clark into the back of the truck and then pull away. If they wanted to involve Lana at all she could have showed up right when they were pulling away and then just untied the Kents. Having her do her kick-boxing, ninjit-lana-su was just unnecessary, and has created a large issue with her having killed someone.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Chad, you're assuming that the issue of her killing someone isn't important. I'm guessing it will be.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
But they glossed over it really quickly with her showing back up at the farm only worried about her relationship with Clark. It's shallow to do so, and she would be dealing with this, emotionally, immediately.

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
though I doubt Edge died, and will probably return later, to cause the Kents even more grief).
I would definetly have to agree with this since Edge was a villian from the comics. IIRC Clark was a news anchor(before his Daily Planet days) at a TV station that Edge owned. I'm sure we haven't seen the last of Edge.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Well, in the post-crisis era, Edge was a crime boss in Metropolis.

Drinking game: drink 2 shots when bad guys who find out about Clark's powers get killed, either by their own stupidity, or from a self-defense standpoint.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
He's about as fast a bullet as shown in the first season "Hug." And these guns were right at his parents' head--I don't think he's that fast.
Yeah, I guess you're right, but one would think he's physically matured since the first season. He got shot up by lex and had bruises all over him, now he barely flinches. Also, there was one chance he had to save them, when the thug pistol whipped his dad. The gun was pointed away for at least a second, so he could have saved his mom and knocked over the other henchmen or shot the gun out of his hand. But hey, like Dan said, I guess he's no Batman when it comes to quick thinking.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
He got shot up by lex and had bruises all over him, now he barely flinches
Well, most of the time he barely flinched was when the Red K had done a number on his inhibitions. And Clark probably isn't quite so certain of his abilities as the audience is, as well.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
While I enjoyed the episode overall to an extent, I can hardly wait to see the half they didn't show us. I mean, it was certainly action and plot packed but it almost moved too quickly just to get back to the status quo. For example, the Lana Warrior Princess scene was so rushed with no closure afterward. Where was Clark's, "Thanks Lana for saving my parents life," or even an explanation to her of why that scene happened. It was all a little rushed, and the ending a little too pat. Everybody gets killed (but we don't see it so they can come back) and even the compass came into play. Still, I'm enjoying it but don't be afraid to slow down just a little once in a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks