What's new

Smallville 10/8/02 (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Spoilers!!!
Clark and his secret. It's finally starting to drag on his moral code of always being on the up and up.
Although, I would have chosen a less...forcefull way of showing his powers. That could have been taken as a sign of agression, wich is clearly how his friend took it. Personally, I would have jumped real high and landed in front of his car about 30 feet away ;).
Next weeks episode looks interesting, just so long as things don't go downhill with all his friends this season, heh. I'm betting the next one to discover his secret is Lex as a Season 2 Cliff Hanger :).

Gary_E

Second Unit
Another good episode tonight, it's shaping up to be an interesting second season. Kudos to my local South Florida WB affiliate WBZL. Their HD broadcasts have been steadily improving. Tonight's HD Smallville looked excellent!

-Gary

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Excellent episode. I only caught the last half of the previous one, so I don't kno whow it compares.
SPOILERS...
The previews have been anouncing someone would know, but I didn't think they would acutally stick to it: I was expecting a minor character like the hermit of last season, the guy who lived alone in the woods and had his own mind tricks - he clearly suspected something. Anyway, even after the revelation, I was expecting an overused cop out like amnesia, especially when that kid (wtf is his name??!!) hit his head agains the floor during the struggle with the doc! :eek:
Excellent show, its only getting better! :emoji_thumbsup:
--
Holadem

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
It was a great show. And I was surprised about:
Clark telling Pete. Took me off guard. Somehow I thought Cloe would find out first...

So far season 2 is really opening with alot of fireworks! :emoji_thumbsup:

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Yes, Pete was probably not the first person Clark would have picked. Although Clark knows he can't reveal his secret to Lex he has stated on more than one occasion that he considers Lex his best friend.

Pete has not had a very big role in Clark's life so far. Looks like things are about to change.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed this episode as well. At least they gave us the "freaking out" part by Pete and then some coy double entendres as a wink to the audience (the Chloe looking for the "scoop from Pete" bit at school). And finally Pete comes around because he now understands what would happen if Clark's secret got out in the open.

Plus, in the comics, Pete knew Clark's secret as well, so it pays homage to the pre-crisis comics continuity.

Anyone else think Lana's aunt is headed for heartache? I think this new guy that Nell is going to marry is trouble.

Jeremiah

Screenwriter
Another excellent episode and I almost forgot it was on but my TiVo saved me.:)
I was getting irritated at Pete for being so upset about Clarks secret but I am glad he finally understood how huge that secret is. I can see why he was mad but I don't think I would of respoded that way; but I also have the whole Clark point of view from watching the show.
Patrick, I also think Nell is on the road to heartache, the boyfriend has just come off a little to perfect.
When Pete and Clark were talking about the space ship and that girl next to Pete just gave the a wtf are you guys talking about look cracked me up.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I like the closing bit with Pete and Clark shooting baskets. Pete's eyes getting wide as Clark jumped and dunked the ball from basically 3-point distance was pretty comical. Can you imagine being Clark's best bud, knowing what he can do?

I didn't find much wrong with how Pete reacted to the truth of Clark's powers (I'd be freaked out too), but he came through and showed his true colors when it counted.

Jim DiJoseph

Second Unit
You're right, Patrick. Pete really came through...after all, he was essentially being tortured, but he wasn't going to crack. I think the realization really hit him in that scene.
I too think this show is hitting its stride. The writers have been smart steering away from the "villain-of-the-week who has kryptonite-enhanced powers" (though I realize Dr. Hamilton was arguably in a similar role last night - still, it's not the same as a girl who consumes fat or a boy who becomes a super-insect).
I was thoroughly impressed that the show decided to give Pete the honor of learning the secret. It would have been esy to make it one of the girls, thus creating more sexual tension in that vein. FWIW, the tension already there is working fine on its own, IMHO! :D

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Great show! :D My favorite line of this show came from Chloe asking about the "superhero scoop." Heehee!
And we got to see Clark do something new...jump 30 feet into the air. I don't recall seeing Clark do this on any other episode.
So what do you think happens next week? Isn't there a red Kryptonite that turns Clark evil (or something like that)? Do you think that's what it is?

Tom Keels

Stunt Coordinator
Yes Bill, next week we get introduced to red kryptonite and all its wonderful side effects.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My current knowledge of the Superman comics is very sketchy, but Hamilton was a good guy who headed up STAR labs in Metropolis. But, I don't mind the change because he still just an ancilliary 2-dimensional character that drives the plot forward.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Of course, Joe Morton's Dr. Steven Hamilton could be the cousin or brother of the comics' Dr. Emil Hamilton. Not that they weren't having fun with it - I noticed the twisted, damaged hand and wondered if it might wind up being amputated and replaced with the Bruce Campbell Special that Emil has in the comics.
Speaking of Hamilton, did anyone else find Morton's performance weird? I hadn't realized how little I'd actually seen Morton act angry or crazy before, and he didn't seem a lot of practice :). I can't remember either the actor or character ever having so many little nervous ticks and such. A strange bit of overacting from a guy not usually known for it.

Hunter P

Screenwriter
Pete seemed like the obvious choice for a confidant. His role before was pretty bland. Everyone else on the show had their own thing and this gives him more purpose. It couldn't have been one of the girls because then you lose that love triangle story line if one of the girls has a leg up on the other.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Re:Superman Comics...

Are these characters part of the Superman lore, and we've just never seen them before, or is there a comic that's running seperate from the show?

Also, is there any website that has breif, but at the same time detailed, history of every major Superman plotline? Aside from a JLA comic, the only other Superman book I've ever picked up was the one where he's basicall an alien lightning bolt, losing his human form.

I know my Superman stuff from the 4 movies, though...

Mike St.Louis

Supporting Actor
Also, in the Superman comics humans are not affected by Green Kryptonite (i.e. Meteor Rocks).

Although prolonged exposure did cost Lex Luthor his hand and eventually cancer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks