What's new

Smallville 10/30/01 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I am still liking this show. I love the theme song "Save me". Does anyone know who sings the song?
I knew having Clark finding out that football wasn't for him would be the best way to curtail his interest. It was funny to watch him run on top of the would-be tacklers for that 2nd running play.
Decent parallel character development of Clark/Lana/Lex. Didn't think Lana was going to survive keeping her coffee waitress job by the end of the show. Funniest exchange when Lana delivers the coffee orders of Clark and Lex:
Clark: Lex, is that what you ordered?
Lex: Not even close.
For a few scenes, I kept thinking how much Dan Lauria (incendiary football coach) looked like Heat Miser from the claymation TV specials (a la Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer)
Good to see Lex not take a "beating", but get up off the mat and outfox his old man. He's definitely being developed to be a guy who used his smarts to figure his way in and out of predicaments.
The chemistry between Clark and Lana is so natural, it's pretty good casting. Enjoyed their scream at the end.
------------------
PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; Link Removed

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Last night was the first show I actually got to watch all the way through. Finally! I love the show. The casting of Clark Kent is perfect.
Did anyone catch the line that was taken directly from Superman: The Movie?
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Bill, What was the line? Also, I think a cool "What if" scenario for the future of Lex and Clark. Would be in the future when they are older. That Lex was still friends with Clark, but hates Superman. Think of the problems it would cause Clark.

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Well, I guess it's not a direct quote...but it's very close. Here's a hint: Jonathan Kent said it to Clark.
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Don Peskin

Stunt Coordinator
I like the show too but:
How is it that Clark/Superboy, is 17 or so and never had a problem with Kryptonite, yet it seems to be all over the place when he has to fight the villan of the week?
How does a fire start in the school while the principle is talking to the coach and he just leaves? No trying to put it out or calling the fire dept. just get in your car and go home.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Clark has always had problems with kryptonite, his friend allude to Clark fainting (the bug boy episode) in the area near the tree house and the abandoned mill will plenty of kryptonite around the area.
And having Clark tripping over himself when he was around Lana and her necklace was a daily occurance until she gave it to Whitney. Then he was able to get to know Lana without looking like a total clutz around her.
There is plenty to indicate that Clark wasn't always walking around like he owned the planet, and felt weak at places with the meteor fragments, but never made the connection until now. Plus, he is finally having his powers emerge slowly in his teen years, so he didn't feel invincible while growing up in Smallville.
------------------
PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; Link Removed
[Edited last by Patrick Sun on November 02, 2001 at 08:58 AM]

Geoffrey_A

Second Unit
One of my instructors did the storyboards for the pilot of smallville, and I was discussing the Clark/kryptonite issue with him. From what he told me, Clarks powers are emerging now because all the kryptonite peppering smallville have kept his powers in checks as he grew up. As he gets older, his powers become stronger and so they begin to manifest more and more. I really like this take on it myself. It saves us from the "superboy" speculations. I suspect that perhaps Lex is beginning to suspect there's a link between Clark and the green rocks. I'm wondering if Perhaps LEx will make an effort to have the Kryptonite removed from smallville. Back in the older comics (Before the rearranging of the time lines) Lex and Supes had been friends as youths, and something happened that made them adversaries, or rather, had luthor swearing vengence on Supes. I like the notion mentioned above that perhaps clark and Lex will remain friends while Lex and supes are enemies, that would be a great dynamic. Now, if only I got the station that Smallville airs on, life would be good
wink.gif

God bless my gf's sattelite dish
wink.gif

------------------
Geoff
Now with Kung-Fu grip and realistic facial hair!
lotrsig.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks