Smallville 10/29/03

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by TonyD, Oct 29, 2003.

1. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    tonights ep was/is directed by Jeannot Szwarc who recently has been directing some television.

but more known for directing SUPERGIRL THE MOVIE.

plus an appearance from perry white.

good start to the show.

except white seems to be a creep.

2. TonyD

TonyD Who do we think I am?
    Supporter

Tony D.
    i guess if anything it makes people belive that clark can be injured, so he is just human.

ok good episode.
    lays down some of the future events.
    it's about time.

3. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

All in all, very good intro to Perry White. Kind of ironic that on the day that the largest solar flare in recorded history happens here in "real life", "Smallville" features the largest solar flare recorded in the history of their Earth.

Enjoyed the uneveness of Clark's powers. I also liked how they found out that the sun if probably the source of his powers. It's also nice to see that Pete Ross is still alive. And, can play a big part in the episode, since both he and Lana saved Clark and Perrys lives.

Overall, this is good Smallville. No FOTW, although FOTW is not necessarily a bad thing. Continued a small piece of the arc, we learned something about Clark, and it showcased Lex's eventual turn to the darkside ("Stay away from me and my friends. There will not be any blood of my hands when they find what is left of you [to paraphrase]).

Keep it up Smallville...

(On a small side note, anyone else catch the song at the end? A little "Walking In Memphis?" However, hated the fact that they decided to go with the Lonestar version, which sucks big by the way. I know they were keeping consistant with the whole country music theme of the show, but c'mon! Marc Cohn's version is the ONE and the ONLY version of the show and they shouldn't have used the piece o'crap version that comes from Lonestar. And I like Lonestar...)

4. JustinCleveland

JustinCleveland Cinematographer

Justin Cleveland

5. Kyle McKnight

Kyle McKnight Cinematographer

Justin, I thought she had gotten rid of the Wall of Weird too.

6. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

^^^

No, she didn't abandon the WOW (Wall Of Weird). That was just a product of Clark's dream from last week's episode. When he woke up, he found out that he had just imagined the WOW being gone.

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I liked how they incorporated Perry White into the Superman mythos.

Using the happenstance of the solar flare to convince Perry White that Clark is just a guy with a hero complex will pay dividends down the line for Clark when he makes it to Metropolis one day. I liked how they laid the foundation of that future relationship while eliminating in Perry's mind of any possibility that Clark possesses supernatural abilities.

9. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

Amazing coincidence on the solar flare.

I really enjoyed this episode as it didn't relate to the meteor rocks in the sense of someone going psycho. It was just the Sun and a good bottle of rye (which by the way is the sponsor of the close captioning up here in Canada - good thing to have for the kids!).

Speaking of psycho, I can hardly wait to hear what the shrink dredges up from Lex's inner-self. Don't sit too close to the TV!

Also enjoyed the irony of Lana saving Clark. It was eerie seeing Lana essentially take out a contract on Perry White. Her scene with Lex reminded me of the episode where Elaine goes to Newman to get him to off the dog.

Speaking of Lana, it was weird that at the end of the show she had a scene with her on again/off again boyfriend then walked away from the camera and through a door. On the CBC show Edgemont last week, KK's character Laurel did the exact same thing. Odd.

10. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

I thought that at the end, Perry would notice that within 18 hours, Clark's hands had completely healed.

11. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

"But in a universe where a pair of glasses make all of the difference" [​IMG]

For me, as a casual viewer, this episode has hooked me.

I now firmly believe this is one of the best shows on the air!!

B

12. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I thought they should have had Clark's hands bandaged as well. Oh well, an oversight.

13. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

Ok, I forgot that the WOW being gone was from the dream to, but didn't Clark really flip the truck last week? Of course, Pete seems to go through cars really quickly, I guess the Kent's can too.

14. WayneG

WayneG Stunt Coordinator

In the past handful of episodes they've destroyed the spaceship, personal airplanes, trucks, and now a tractor. Purveyors of mass transit must be behind the show!

I must have missed it, but where did Lana get her wheels? It never made sense how she just showed up at the Kent farm from Chloe's like the day of the wedding. Did she have it then? I've only noticed it the last couple weeks.

15. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    How did the makers of the show actually get Solar Flares to happen in our atmosphere like on the show?
    Wow, talk about a great tie in.

I enjoyed the show. Nice the way they did Perry though he was pretty annoying.

I didnt know until recently Michael McKean is married in real life to Annette O'toole (Martha).

16. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

One thing I thought was cool about the solar flares. It showed how much more stronger,faster,etc Clark will become.

17. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

18. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

But Clark's hands weren't in his pockets the entire time because I saw them when he exited the truck, and the palms were even opened upwards before he put them into his pockets. Just an oversight (continuity errors happen), not a big deal to get all uptight about IMO.

19. Shayne Lebrun

Shayne Lebrun Screenwriter

He shook hands with Perry, as I recall.

20. James T

James T Screenwriter

Clark was also driving the truck. That would at least cause some discomfort or at least raise an eyebrow.

You just have to accept it. It's the DC universe. Reporters are one step below detectives, but not one person at the Daily Planet knows that Superman with glasses is Clark? Chole, should have figured it out by now.

Good episode. Wednesdays are getting tough for me. I'm too lazy to record Angel(which shows at the exact same time as Smallville), so whichever show has the best 10 mins, has my attention. And as soon as I saw Perry White, I knew I couldn't change the channel.

Isn't the actor who played Perry married to Annette O'Toole?