1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Smallville 10/23/01

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Patrick Sun, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I liked the progression of the discovery of Clark's powers in the course of everyday life.
    We all dream of flying. Clark is actually capable of pulling it off. [​IMG]
    The Bug Boy story was a bit on "The Fly" creepy side, though his obsession with Lana was also creepy (does everyone in Smallville have the hots for Lana?)
    The slow-motion rescue of Pa Kent in the barn was well done for TV standards.
    All in all, a solid episode.
    But, I can't really fathom why Clark gives Lana back her kryptonite necklace knowing what it does to him. I understand the sentiment, but not the rationale when you factor personal comfort.
    ------------------
    PatCave ; HT Pix ; Gear ; DIY Mains ; DIY CC ; Sunosub I + II + III ; DVDs ; LDs
    [Edited last by Patrick Sun on October 24, 2001 at 11:33 AM]

2. Rollie

Rollie Stunt Coordinator

This show just keeps getting better. Not as rushed as the first episode, this one just seemed to flow a little smoother. I REALLY like the direction of the Lex Luther character. I can't wait to see the inevitable fallout of Kent/Lex/Lana. This one has a lot of potential!
    ------------------
    Hit pay-dirt with KDRT!
    Petition FOX and score The Adventures of Ford Fairlane on DVD!
    http://www.hometheaterforum.com/uub/...ML/001933.html

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    I just watched this here on the west coast.
    I never saw the first episode, but I really like this show.
    This show has SO many possibilities and ways it could go.
    There is definetly alot of potential.
    Heres hoping the show gets better and better.
    ------------------

4. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

If I remember my young Clark history. Lana eventually finds out he has powers. It is funny thought the how Clark has two women eventually in love with him. While Lois first falls for Superman. Lana first falls for Clark.
    I liked how the continuity continued from the first episode. With regard to Clark giving her the necklace back. I think he has gained a little more tolerance of the Kryptonite. If you remember the first episode he fell over ill just by walking a few feet from her. Know he was able to pick it up and leave it. Granted he still feels the effects. But, now can handle it better.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

IIRC my Lana Lang lore, she was some Insect Queen character when the stories involved Superboy and The Legion of Super-Heroes (a group of teenage heroes from the 30th century). Just thought I'd throw that in in light of this episode with Bug Boy.
    ------------------
    PatCave; HT Pix; Gear; DIY Mains; DIY CC; Sunosub I + II + III; DVDs; LDs

6. Michael Ballack

Michael Ballack Second Unit

I missed the first episode and the first half of this episode, but I've seen enough to want to watch this show. Who would have thought a year ago that I would watch a show on WB(Smallville) and UPN(Enteprise). Two networks that have been known to dish out crappy tv shows. If I could ever catch up on Buffy, the reruns, maybe I'd start to watch that too. Am I turning into the bizareo version of myself [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Michael's DVD's

7. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer