Smallville 10-22-02

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 22, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Nice to see a divergance from the Meteorite plots, and just in time for Halloween too...
    My one question for this whole episode.... Where was Lex when his father was in trouble, and why didn't he see Clarks ability? Did he get lost in the mansion or something? [​IMG]

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Lex, presumably was glad to have his dad out of his hair (well, as the saying goes), so he probably immediately got on the internet and ... surfed for some profitable futures contracts. [​IMG] Lex didn't see any of Clark's heroics.
    Overall, an okay episode. Having Martha Kent become Lionel's personal assistant will have trouble brewing in the future. Jonathan's going go ape one of these days.
    The whole cold shoulder thing between Lana to Clark makes me remember those high school days so unfondly, but it doesn't get any better as you get older. I thought Lana looked especially yummy this episode, like she's almost getting out of that young teenager look (in real life).
    Lana got to tag Clark with the "Clark Kent, the man of steel" line. Chloe's been pushed to the background, and Pete doesn't know when to run.
    The misunderstood poetic "bad guy" main plot only served to give Lionel another chance to do some blind man detecting as Clark shows up and deals with Byron. I'll bet Lionel is on to Clark. The other part is getting Clark to become a bit more mushier towards Lana (with the poetry angle). Love the limerick book Clark gave Byron.
    I wonder why they didn't show any previews for next week's episode?

3. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

Yeah, an okay episode. Although not Kyrptonite related it still had a monster. Too bad Bull didn't have a bigger part.

I hope they start having more stories about Clark's past and the spaceship.

Speaking of the spaceship, where is it? Did they move it back to the Kent's barn? I don't recall what they did with it after they took it to Pete's.

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

You'd have to assume that since Pete is on on the secret, the spaceship is being stored on the Kent's property in a barn or shed, or below in the cellar as before.

5. Jon Torres

Jon Torres Second Unit

I was thinking it was going to be kryptonite related again because I thought inside that poet's basement room, those green lights were meteorites. Guess I was wrong. I also was wondering where was Lex when the monster was tossing the helicopter around. It must have been just a few seconds.

6. Hanson

Hanson Producer

Hanson
    Nitpick:

How does Byron prevent the helicopter from taking off? No matter how strong he is, the helicopter should be picking him up, not the other way around. Do his powers somehow allow him to anchor himself into the earth or become really, really heavy?

Overall a ho-hum episode with medical experiments replacing kryptonite as the origin of the monster of the week. Pretty lame-o.

7. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Yeah, I was thinkin' the same thing. Maybe he had his feet wrapped around a sprinkler head [​IMG]
    Lex did say he had to go to the plant. When was that in relation to the helicopter incident? Oh right, just before: he was walking with Clark and then Clark looked out the window to see them getting in the helicopter. So Lex might have seen it, unless he immediately left to get his car or something. Oh well, not a big problem in my book.
    Mom (and Dad and everyone else) better get out of the habit of yelling out Clark's name when there's some action, even in front of a blind man.
    I thought in The One Where Pete Finds Out (borrowing the episode naming scheme from Friends), one of the last scenes was the four of them back in the cellar with the ship.
    //Ken

8. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

>Mom (and Dad and everyone else) better get out of the habit of yelling out Clark's name when there's some action, even in front of a blind man.>

I was wondering about this as well. Anyone who's seen the old Thundercat toon, remembers the blid Tcat Lynxo. Super Developed Senses and hearing is all I have to say on this one. Can't help but wonder if old Luthor there heard Clark Swooshing around, and somehow put two and two together...

9. Thomas H G

Thomas H G Screenwriter

Loved the part where Clark shows up to save the day in a red button up shirt that he's wearing open and a blue shirt underneath. I had to do a double take to make sure he wasn't wearing the "outfit".