What's new

SmallVille 10-21-03 (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Enteprirse is Dead to me. I'll have to wait till Season 3 repeats on Easy View Sundays....

But Smallville keeps on rolling! And next weeks ep, DAMN.... I WANT IT TO BE TUESDAY AGAIN!

Rollie

Stunt Coordinator
One, two, Freddy's coming for you...

Am I the only person who had Nightmare On Elm Street flashbacks while watching this episode?

Lex's favorite Kirosawa film is Throne of Blood! :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
has he used his heat vision like that before?
i havent watched much of the last 15 or so eps because it really doesnt seem to be much of a superboy/man show.
too much with the supernatural for me.

i was hoping by now it would be more dealing with some type of supervillain.

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Pretty good episode, I liked the dream sequences differing from what actually happened with Lex. I liked how they used the creepy guy from The Practice as the uncle. And yes, Rollie, I was definitely thinking Nightmare on Elm Street constantly through the episode. Minor gripes: Does anyone know if Clark should be as succeptible to sleep as a human being? I remember there being something about his metabolism where he didn't really have to eat, but I don't know if that would affect him having to sleep. Also, I wonder why the fourth Charlie's Angel Lana didn't completely kick the uncle's ass when he tried to drug her. This week she even had her hands untied!

Diallo B

Screenwriter
When Clark and Lana were skinny dipping I thought that looked odd. Then, I hopped up off of the couch when Lex took that sword to Clark. I was thinking this has to be a dream. I was also confused that "Action Lana" with the kung fu grip did not show up this episode. Her hands were not tied and this dude ONLY had a needle.

Oh well.......

djb

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I pretty much thought he was dreaming when Lana stripped in front of him - that could only happen in a dream! Then when he got the truck I knew for sure - or else the Kents were possessed

Still, I like the way it played out. I'd have to say that was one of my favourite episodes because while it involved the wall of weird it also had normal human motives behind the madness.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
An okay standalone episode, with Clark becoming intertwined with the girl in a dream-addled coma and some green K in the mix.

Lex is further sliding to the dark side under Lionel. Wonder what the shrink will find in Lex's dark recesses of his tortured psyche...

Lana has to know that Clark has got some serious mojo after surviving that truck flip without a scratch on him (or that his parents didn't have him checked out at the hospital for internal injuries.

You have to like the way Clark starts up with his dreams at the beginning of the episode.

I am looking forward to next week's guest appearance.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Does anyone know if Clark should be as succeptible to sleep as a human being?
in the comics he is succeptible to witchcraft/blackmagic,or supernatural.
this is what i think was happening after he fell asleep.

and some good points there patrick. these things deal very much with the superman mythos.
this is what i want more of from this show, less x-files like stuff.

also i'm sorry i looked at the directv synopsis as that spoiled what happened in the begging, i knew.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
Too much of my youth was spent in Freddy's world to be taken by this episode. I guessed it was a dream based on the teasers. The bright photography was a big tipoff as well as all of the out of character behavior just sealed it.

And clark dosing off for just a second was also a big Freddy trick, didn't get me.

The episode overall was very good, although it's getting painfully obvious they're working some angle to get Lana in the know on Clark's powers. I would prefer that Chloe figure it out as she's the one character who could and not jeopardize Clark's identity in the future since she doesn't exist in the comics timeline.

Not to mention Chloe is just so much hotter than dopey Lana.;)

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
The first thing I thought when the episode started was wondering about Friday the 13th...wasn't that serries set on Crystal Lake as well? Then when the "he's after me" sequence started I couldn't help but think of Jason. :)

I was totally expecting the "It was a dream" thing, but I was totally caught off guard by the sequence right after the credits when they came back from comercials. I started to wonder if it really was reality for a bit till the car thing...they got me good. :)

Very cool episode, I especially liked the skinny dipping banter at the end. I actually felt embarassed for poor clark, that is not exactly the kind of thing you want a woman your interested in to know. lol.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
Did anyone else realized the connection of the music by R.E.M. with the episode? There were a few scenes where the camera had a closeup displaying Rapid Eye Movement. That's pretty smart of them to integrate a well-known group with their story. Will this be a new trend?

Could someone explain the purpose of "Pete"? For someone, that knows Clark's secret he doesn't done much lately.

I think, Sarah is aware of some of Clark's abilities. Sarah was able to noticed when Clark and Lana came to visit. So, when Clark took a medicine bottle and used his super speed to get out. Wouldn't she be able to see that as well?

-bruce

Darrel McBane

Second Unit
When I saw the teaser for this weeks show last week. I thought to myself. Huh, REM is the soundtrack artist. And Clark is skinny dipping with Lana.

REM=Random Eye Movement + skinny dipping with Lana = dream episode.

Clark is really torn with his emotions about Lana. Something big really has to happen to free him up with that conflict.

Now, there is someone new who knows Clark has special powers. She'll be back for at least one more episode.

Not a great episode but, OK. This could be a make or break year for the future of Smallville IMO. If it keeps following this slow path I think the show only has a four year run. Which is not bad considering how many shows come and go. But, I was expecting it to leed to its own Superman series. With Clark on his own as a reporter etc. Then again it still can I guess?!

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
I didn't get the REM reference, but when Clark got out of the water to save the girl... His hair was dry. Then the truck sealed the deal for me.

Ric

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
but when Clark got out of the water to save the girl... His hair was dry.
I thought that was just a blooper or some oversight.

Man I was totaly into the episode and I was like "the shit is hitting the fan" this episode when in the dream Lex attacked Clark. Then during commercial I was like, "wait a sec, this isn't even Nov Sweeps!

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I knew it was a dream right when they almost killed in the water. I was just like "Alright....totally a dream."

The scene with the car convinced me completely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks