What's new

Smallville - 10/15/03 (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not quite sure what to make of this episode in which Clark's powers are on display to far too many people. At least Van didn't die after finding out about Clark's powers, though having him commit to a looney bin was a convenient out for the time being.

I think Pete had about 3 minutes of shares screen time.

Chloe is so in over her head with her deal with the devil, er, Lionel.

I did find it amusing they (the writers) have Lex convinced that he's got special powers in terms of heighten immune system, wonder how they'll be explaining his super-duper white blood cell count.

Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana because you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence. I know they couch Clark's reservation to share his secret with the fact that Lana's sole source of heartache was when the meteors killed her parents, and that Clark is indirectly responsible for this tragedy in Lana's life, and is the motivating factor for his reticence. But sometimes, you just gotta trust the people that care about you, and give them some space to digest such revelations once it finally happens.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
It was not as good as the last two but decent.
Because I have been watching season one on DVD I have to say I am a bit tired of the Kryptonite stories.

The killer looked familiar. Anyone know what else he has been in?

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
If Clark had stuck with dodging bullets like he did early on, he wouldn't have had a problem.

What is it with Lana attracting freaks anys, anyway? The two previous stalkers they mentioned weren't even a complete list.

Nice bit of continuity with tying in a character Tina Grier actually did kill.

Pete actually got a whole scene where he sort of did something. And a scene where he didn't. That's a big improvement over the last couple.

Bruce_S

Second Unit
The killer looked familiar. Anyone know what else he has been in?
When I saw the preview last week, I thought - it looked like Lex's brother. I was incorrect but they look very similar.

It seems like the writers are getting ready for Clark to share his secret with Lana by the end of this season. I'm glad to see Pete's finally got some screen time. Only took them 3 weeks to work him in. hehe

Chloe seemed a bit naive by thinking that Lionel would let her off that easy. I think, the only way she can get out of the deal is to tell her dad or find something on Lionel to blackmail him.

It's good to see the Lana is able to protect herself again. That's two-of-three episodes where she kicked ass. :)

-bruce

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Anybody else think of Unbreakable when Lex was asking whether he'd ever been sick?
I thought it was a great episode.

Rocky F

Second Unit
For the first 5 minutes, I thought "Oh great, we're back to the Krypto-freak of the week routine," then they went and put a really good twist on it. I thought it was a very good episode looking back at the first two seasons, without losing the forward momentum the show has been showing.

RafaelB

Second Unit
[
Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana...But sometimes, you just gotta trust the people that care about you, and give them some space to digest such revelations once it finally happens.
It's the same way with gay teens, though, Patrick. Their family & friends (in most cases) should be able to be trusted, but the fear of rejection if such a great intimidator that being in denial is a better alternative (I'm not condoning it at all).

I think from the comics that Lana does find out at some point, right?

It does make more sense to bring Lana into that knowledge but then how would Chloe fit into that scheme, being the only one who doesn't know?

Rafael.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
I really liked this episode, much better than that crappy season finale/premiere.

Putting the guy in an asylum has been done before, with the artists with psychic abilities from 'Crush'.

What was great about this episode is the potentially large move in Lex's character. It's not that he thinks he has super powers, it's that he thinks he's invincible. He's got a God complex now that fits nicely into Lex's character. I thought that was a great twist.

Also the idea that Lana believes, whether he'll admit it or not, that Clark's a Kryptonite freak. It's better than believing he's an alien. I think that will stave her off for a little while anyway.

And I liked that they answered in a sly way they freak-of-the-week complaints.

Solid episode.

Will Cunningham

Stunt Coordinator
I liked this episode, smallville has been on an upswing for a while now. It is really quite impressive.

I do have one recurring thought though, how on earth does Superman survive on earth with so many people knowing that kryptonite is detrimental to him, and such an abundance of the stuff laying around all over smallville. After people realize that kryptonite hurts superman, why aren't they all over smallville as "THE" place to get it? In the comics kryptonite seems much rarrer. Perhaps clark will get sick of this problem and try to collect/destroy all the kryptonite layign around? Not a big deal really, just something that keeps crossing my mind. :)

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The melting Kryptonite bothered me, too. Kryptonite looks to be crystalline. Crystals don't melt. You might as well melt salt. The only way to make a bullet would have been to carve it.

Is Lana going to kill or seriously injure someone every episode now?

Bill Griffith

Supporting Actor
I'm begining to like this show more and more.

I saw a quick preview a week ago about an episode that they said was coming on on Sunday called beginings, or something. It was a clip of Clark Floating, I guess where he starts to realize he might be able to fly.

Did anyone else see this preview, when do these episodes come on?

I thought at one point when Clark was doing the Uber-sprint to save Lex that he might just as well be flying he's moving so fricken fast.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

Well, Lionel Luthor melted it down and made it into bars--so it can be melted. But I would imagine that although it's made of elements not found on earth, it would still take a refinery to melt it down.

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch

That's something the WB has done twice already, first with "7th heaven" and then with "Gilmore Girls." It's the first two seasons they'll be playing in order on Sunday afternoons.

The shot of Clark flying was from the second episode of the first season. He's dreaming he's flying, then wakes up and falls to the bed. He mentions it to his Dad, but it's never really dealt with again.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
The melted Kryptonite did look to be mighty thin for something that would have been 500 degrees, tops.

florence franks

Stunt Coordinator
Yes that villian is an actor from Passions daytime soap opera. Does this mean we get Molly Stanton, charity charity charity! Will you marry me! sigh okay I fine again

"Clark really needs to just spill the beans to Lana because you can only drag this part of secret out for so long before insulting the viewers' intelligence."

This is so right its republican! lol Every darn soap opera-ish program has used this long boring insulting drawn out approach and ratings have dropped to record lows. It time to go back to 80's version of man(couples united) vs nature(challenges other then there has to be love triangle for every super couple)
They stretch this into Season 5 and they will have same issues X-files did with ratings and popularity.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Damn VCR..forgot to check if Ihad enough tape left to tape the episode..

It got cut off right after Lana Smashed Bad Boy with the metal gate...

Are these still on easy viewings, or am I mucked for summer reruns?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks