Smallville 10-15-02 - Spoilers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by DeathStar1, Oct 15, 2002.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

More Clark close calls that are too close to just dismiss. Did I miss it, or did they explain all of the bar incidences away? I do beleive, If memory dosn't fail me, that Lana was there watching it somewhere as well..

And speaking of watching, Luthor Senior and his 'calling security' comment. I wonder if he has security cameras rolling in every part of the house......

2. MikeAlletto

MikeAlletto Cinematographer

Ok, I've now seen just 4 episodes of Smallville including tonights episode. And every single one has had to do with Kryptonite causing some problem in one way or another. Is every single episode like this?

3. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

4. Mike St.Louis

Mike St.Louis Supporting Actor

Cool episode and Red-K too!

I don't think even a Superman could do enough damage control to undo what Clark did under the influence of the Red-K.

And now Lionel has taken an interest in Clark.

One thing that made me pause was Clark's saying that he feels that he has two identities. Clark and Kal-El? Clark and Superman? I hope they revisit this idea.

5. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

I thought last night's episode was good fun. There are many LOL lines by Clark, and also by Pete's reaction to them. You could tell that Tom Welling had a good time with the Bad Boy Clark persona.

This episode did allow the writers to create some emotional distance between Clark and Lana - but with repercussions for Clark's relationship with Lana (otherwise, the writers had nowhere else to go unless they move one of out of the way artificially, the same way they might write Chloe out). The minor plus side for Clark is that he did get to kiss Lana by his choice (though I'm not sure he remembered much of it after the ring/redrock was shattered by Pa Kent.

Lionel Luthor might figure out what happened (he did have the 3 bullets that Clark shot into his hand). Have to love the way Clark used Lionel's blindness as a shield for not exposing his super powers while being in front of him. Of course, if any non-regular character finds out Clark's super powers, you can bank on that character dying by the end of the episode/arc.

Good to see Lex grow a spine towards Lionel as a result of Clark's new/temporary brazen attitude.

For those that didn't know, this episode's writer, Jeff Loebs, is a comic book writer who's done work on the Superman comics, so he was well suited to write an episode around the 1st appearance of red kryptonite. I think Loebs did a fine job for his first crack at a Smallville script.

This show just keeps getting more and more entertaining week by week.

6. Jim DiJoseph

Jim DiJoseph Second Unit

I agree, Patrick. Very good episode, in my opinion. Lots of good fun...

Neil, Lana left the bar before the "action" began and as for explaining the whole fight, the bar (which I believe is not located in Smallville) has patrons who are much older than Clark and would otherwise not know him nor see him again in the near future. Reasonable as far as I'm concerned.

The major damage was done with Lana. It will be interesting to see how Clark tries to resolve the issue with her. At the end, she gave him an ultimatum: either it was him doing all of those things and professing those feelings, or it was not him. She wouldn't allow him to have it both ways. And incidentally, she's justified in saying that and more after what he did to her (from her perspective, of course).

7. Ken Chan

Ken Chan Producer

Evil Clark sure was a lot of fun. And while Tom Welling has always been a bit too old to play Clark in general, he seemed way too old as Evil Clark -- i.e. he seemed to be Welling's actual age. Other than that minor quibble, it was a pretty solid episode.

//Ken

8. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

It's disturbing that after such an emotional trama, Lana's kissing Clark again in the preview to next week's episode... hmmmm...

I liked it, but I think they wrote themselves in the general direction of a corner.

9. Mike St.Louis

Isn't Smallville filmed in British Columbia? They sure seem to get a lot of sunny days for filming.

10. Adam Lenhardt

11. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Studio Mogul

Vancouver?

12. Mike St.Louis

It's so sunny all the time that it's hard to believe it's B.C. Unless every sunny day they film for hours on end. Maybe they are way in the interior.

Remember how much it rained in the early X-Files?

13. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer

Unfortunately for me all WB shows seem to come on either 2am Saturday or Sunday mornings. So it takes me a while to catch up to stuff. Fortunately for me (and my family) our TiVo's never miss Smallville, Birds of Prey or Charmed.
    We really loved this episode. Great fun. While it does have some holes and of course raises a lot of questions it was extremely entertaining. Without a doubt Smallville is our favorite show on TV. I might just have to make an addition to my signature pic. It would be great to hear if they are going to release season one any time in the future. Probably will have problems with the music rights. Which actually begs another question. Is there a Smallville sound track CD available?
    [​IMG]

14. Mike St.Louis

I thought that all the songs on an episode were artists under the WB label. They always advertise CD's at the end of the episode.

15. Adam Lenhardt

Mike: I don't think they have to be on the WB label, just have to be availiable for sale on the wb.com store. But in today's DVD-ready environment, I imagine rights licenses have a clause in them now for the eventual DVD release. The R1 DVD of the pilor and second epsiode features all the original music.

16. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

It was okay, but I'm finally starting to get sick of the Kryptonite causing all of the problems. I wouldn't mind it so much, but just having it show up everywhere is a little far-fetched, or how Chloe has so many contacts, and is always able to figure everything out right away.

17. Frank Anderson

Frank Anderson Cinematographer