What's new

Smallville 1/28/04 (1 Viewer)

Molly was played by Missy Peregrym. Like the first poster mentioned, she was on Black Sash last year.

I always wondered what became of the hot WB girls whose shows didn't last. The reason being, the WB promotes the hell out these young women and men before their show is even aired (Black Sash, Birds of Prey, Tarzan, etc...). The way the actors are portrayed in the media, you'd think they were established stars. A year or two down the road, some of the actors fade from sight at ripe 'old' age of 25.

Good to see Missy getting some employment. Also nice to see her without the tomboy look she sported in Black Sash :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Missy Peregrym also showed up on an episode of "Tru Calling", playing the other woman that Tru's professor/boyfriend was two-timing her with.

Rob T

Screenwriter
It looked like Chloe has a Superman computer wallpaper. did anybody else see that on wednesdays episode or was I just seeing things?

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
So are they going to act like "Birds of Prey" never happened (not a bad thing, I suppose...). I only bring this up because they kind of set up that that show and Smallville happened in the same world. On BoP, they made a throw away comment about creepy things going on in Smallville. In BoP, the Bat is already grown up and now in semi-retirement so that is kind of wacky.

I really hope they work out issues so that Adam is, in fact, Bruce Wayne. Too cool. Their relationship would be so cool to build upon.

Is Clark going to reveal his powers to Chloe? Or Lana? I am surprised more folks haven't been brought into the fold. In some comic storylines, Lana does find out. I think the hiding thing is turning into a too long exercise. Kind of like the Fox Mulder search for his sister...went on about 4 season's too long. I am thinking of Buffy where every close friend knows because it would be silly and unlikely that she could keep her activities secret. With Clark, it is getting too dragged out and too many people have seen too many things. Time to make the switch! I think Adam should find out. Again, in the comics Bruce and Clark figure out their identities pretty much right away (I like how they did it in the Dini animated series).

Looks like there is an opening at the Daily Planet? Is McKean signed on for more shows this season? :D

Phil

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I don't think there's any "true" continuity between BoP and Smallville.

BoP was set closer to the DC universe 10-15 years in the future.

Robert Anthony

Senior HTF Member
No way Adam Knight "becomes" Bruce Wayne. WB already nixed it. As a matter of fact, the only reason we're getting Adam Knight as he is, is BECAUSE WB nixed: If they'd allowed Bruce Wayne, it would have been a one or two episode cameo, period. Since WB nixed the idea, it allowed them to rewrite the character and expand the role into a bigger arc.

Sure, the name and the character traits are most definitely an in-joke nod as to what they REALLY wanted, but that's as far as it goes. There's nothing more to it. WB has already made it known that they don't want Smallville in anyway diluting the impact of the new Batman movie coming down the pipe next year. Re-introducing the character as part of another tv-shows mythos not only trumps the theatrical re-introduction that WB is going to promo blitz the hell out of us with, it might present conflicts with the origin they want to present for the new movie.

Not happenin.

I also don't see Chloe "becoming" Lois, either.

Rob T

Screenwriter

I see. I guess it was just the quick panning across it that messed up a good shot of it.

Shane S.

Stunt Coordinator

I read an article in EW maybe a year ago and they talked about how they don't want to reveal Clarks powers to Lana because it would take the mystery and tension out of the series. They noted the Lois and Clark show anf how it was all down hill after Clark revealed he was superman to Lois

Phil Florian

Screenwriter

I can see that, but it strains at plausability even for a television show. How many episodes can we have a "you are so mysterious, Clark" moment without shaking ones head? I already am at the point. The on again/off again romance is enough "tension" for my money. Also I think he needs to figure why it is important to have a secret identity and that can really only happen if he finds out the consequences of too many people knowing. He never really got to experience that. Again, not to compare to Buffy (though the show apparently has no problem doing that to a plagiaristic point almost) but Buffy always grappled with this when her friends were targets BECAUSE they knew her. Batman in the comics grapples with this as well with "Robin the Boy Hostage" at times and is why he goes back and forth with having and not having a side kick.

I think for the show to last 5, 6 or 7 seasons they are going to have to either radically change the environment or change the people involved or what their relationships are. They are coming up on the big hurdle for shows set during high school: Graduation. Do they end the show there because they don't want to take him beyond it? Or do they rename it "Metropolis" and be done with it? Metropolis has become more and more of a new "character" in the show as he spent a ton of time there early in the season and just about every episode has him hauling ass between there in some way or another.

I think the Lex Luthor storyline is so much more interesting than Clark's. His is a dynamic storyline with more mystery and more chances for character changes and Clark's story needs to do some more of it and not just a "red kryptonite" storyline.

Phil

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Wasn't season 1 in freshmen year? So at the end of season 4...they are set to graduate...

I think they'll probably take the Buffy route and have them attending community college in or near Smallville.

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member

I seem to recall the comics did it for decades. I'm not saying the show has to do the same, but it's kind of a nod to everyone's cluelessness in the comics, which can seem really cheesy. But seriously, we're watching the WB here, not HBO, so all I'm really expecting from this show is pretty faces, cheesy stories, and hokey dialogue. Not only have I not been disappointed in those respects, but I still manage to enjoy the show. If you can snark at it a little bit, it feels better. Thus my love for Omar's recaps over at Television Without Pity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks