What's new

Smallville 06/02 (1 Viewer)

GARY C

Second Unit
May contain spoilers...

O.K. granted it was another ‘meteor enhanced’ villain (I think we knew they were going to do this coming into the show anyways), but the writing on Smallville seems to be coming along. They are finally getting use to the characters I think.

It was good to see Clark and Lana fight for once. Friendships have the up’s and down’s and theirs so far has only been Clark chasing Lana. It may have been too close to last weeks episode of Clark ‘stepping aside’ from going after Lana, but they needed it.

I also liked the kissing scene between Clark and Chloe. I had to laugh at it, feeling for her knowing that this easily can be used as a writing tool for later “Chloe, those aren’t your real feeling’s…”

I have to point out one thing tho’. The really need to get a little more creative in how to show Clarks powers. We had two ‘bullet time’ effects and the exploding bat which made more sense then the exploding knife on one of the earlier shows (how strong was the guy hitting Clark?!?). They are overusing this stuff too much.

This series is getting better as it goes along. I like almost any show that can poke fun at itself from time to time. The “I don’t want a job where I’m in a suit and flying all day” line was well used. I hope it sticks around for a few seasons.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'd post my thoughts on this episode, but I fell asleep half way through trying to watch the tape around 1 a.m., so I'll have to add my thoughts later on tonight. It looked like a decent episode from the previews.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Pretty good episode, which dropped in many more pieces of foreshadowing of the mythos: Clark's red jacket/cape, only being bruised by bullets, being faster than a speeding bullet. The line about being stuck in a suit and flying around for a living was pretty good.

I'm guessing Chloe and Clark will share a mutual kiss down the line somewhere, and I'm guessing Lana will catch them in the act, just to toss in some bits of jealousy into the dynamic.

The last line of the night by Lex: "Clark, our friendship will be the stuff of legend" is just so eerily delivered, kudos for Rosenbaum for such fine delivery to a line that could have tripped over less than qualified actors.

The Matrix-like effects are getting a little passe' but I think once they establish Clark's powers, they'll be able to side-step such displays of CGI and just concentrate on the rest of the story. For a second I was thinking Clark would just catch the bullets and flash Lex a big ol' smile, but he did what anyone would do if they were shot by a semi-automatic.

Also, it appears that the lovely Kelly Brook "Victoria" has been integrated into the cast (she and "Lex" show up as one of those quickie WB footage during the commercials).

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I really Like Smallville It's one of the Best new series. Tuesdays ep was great love all tat forshadowing, especially the ending where Lex tells Clark that their "Friendship" will be the stuff of Legends.

Bring on the Series one box set WB, I'd buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks