What's new

Smallville - 05/13/03 (1 Viewer)

Eric Mitchell

Stunt Coordinator
Thats about how I put it. I was shouting at the TV when the "To be continued.." showed up.

I really enjoyed this episode:
Lana and Clark are together, I like that.

And much much more Superman Mythos!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Cloe though, I'll comfort her. :)

In general though I like how the Luthor's are playing into this. Lionel is evil, and I'm pretty convinced now that Lex isn't (yet), he's just deadly curious.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
This episode was a tad dissapointing, considering the buildup in the preview. All the fun stuff will happen next week. All we get this week is more teen melodrama.

But am I the only one who is thinking that Clhoe is acting like a self centered biatch? IIRC, she was the one who broke up the relationship with Clark in Season 1, and afterwards, it's all been her reactions that have been keeping him away, not vice versa..

Oh well, at least things are heating up in the Lana Clark Department.

I've learned NEVER to trust previews after watching 7 seasons of Voyager, so I'll review judgments on that till next week. But, I REALLY hope it's not another 'drive them apart with red Kryptonite' episode.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
All I can say is that the writers packed a lot of details and plot development into this episode, and it's making me thirsty for the finale next week!

So, I still don't think Clark and Lana did the deed that night they stayed up all night. Clark may have hit a double, but I think that's about it.

The Luthors are a scary bunch. Lex is so not to be trusted, and no way is Helen marrying Lex. Lionel seems to like to prey on the young and impressionable. Too bad he'll be dragging Chloe down (by using her own romantic pain to get her to do the digging on the Kents).

Pete, poor Pete, relegated to a line or two in this episode.

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Some excellent three-way tension just before Pete walked in though.

It didn't seem like whatshisname was close enough to the tank to be charred like that.

//Ken

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Enjoyed this a lot. Glad to see there's a next week. I thought the 'to be continued' meant it was a cliffhanger for next year - the way TNG used to do. Since the show has an arc anyway it's always sort of to be continued. That's why the tag surprised me.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Or the other scenario that is being set up is Chloe (totally pissed off by Clark and Lana hooking up) betraying their friendship, and giving Lionel what he needs in terms of information to confirm Clark's other worldly origins.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Awesome. I knew they were going to have someone special for the voice of Jor-El. I thought it was going to be either Terrance Stamp or Gene Hackman. The only thing that is going to stink. Is the finale is going to leave open a lot of storyplots and the show won't be back until late Sept or October. That is 4 months away!!! :eek:

On a side note. Some asked if Clark & Lana did the deed. According to an interview from one of the writers or producers they didn't. But, it might be explored in the future.

Terrance Stamp...That was awesome. :D

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
Some asked if Clark & Lana did the dead
Did the dead? That's sick. :)

I certainly got the impression that they did the deed. That's what Clark strongly implied to Lex, and it was certainly implied later between Clark and Lana that they did more than kiss. I mean, they have kissed before.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
If they "Did the Deed" wouldnt he have shot her across the room?
I dont think they did.

Enjoyable Episode!

Ken Chan

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ken
Having Chloe betray Clark to Lionel because she's jealous would be too teenagerish; it's so clearly wrong. Hope the writers don't go with that.

//Ken

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
:laugh:

Not if he wore a kryptonite condom. Dammit, I missed the previews for next week's episode, very pissed about that. Did anyone happen to see what the hell Dr. Walden hit with his *"heat-beam-palm-blast" that exploded and charred the poor doc so quickly?? I mean, I really haven't been on farms all that much in my life, but I don't know why they just happened to have a huge-ass propane tank sitting out by the barn.

*Jackie Chan Adventures reference

todd s

Senior HTF Member
According to the previews for next weeks episode. Clark is exposed to Red Kryptonite again. 3 times in one season is too much. Red Kryptonite is becoming the Borg of Smallville. A good idea that is overused

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

I assumed it was an aboveground gasoline tank used for refueling various farm equipment.

WayneG

Stunt Coordinator
I was just thinking of the Seinfeld episode where they argue over whether Superman has super humour. If Jerry is right, then Clark is super in every manner.

I think Chloe is very immature. She hides in her office and shying away from human contact, and she's fixated on Clark, calling him a friend, but obviously not wanting him to be happy with Lana. I definitely can see her taking Lionel up on his offer.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perhaps his "boys" can't fly?
Well, since Kryptonians derive their powers from basically being solar batteries, his "boys" haven't yet absorbed the power needed to fly.

Of course, Clark's musculature has, including the ones which, would actually propel said boys...

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I think Chloe is very immature. She hides in her office and shying away from human contact, and she's fixated on Clark, calling him a friend, but obviously not wanting him to be happy with Lana.
Goodness gracious, what women have you guys dealt with? In my dearly learnt experience with the fair sex, this is perfectly normal!

Have I been stuck with all the evil ones? :rolleyes

--
Holadem - "Hell hath no furries like a scorned woman".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks