What's new

Smaller HDTV sets? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
I see there is a Samsung widescreen 26" set, a Panasonic 27" set, an Advent and a Zenith too. What are the opinions on these sets? I am curious because I bought a 24" Tosh about a year ago and now kinda wish I had an progressive scan set to take advantage of my RP-82. Any review links or opinions would be wonderful thank you.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
For now the smallest wide-screen is the 26" Samsung & the smallest 4:3 sets are 27" For reviews you might want to check www.audioreview.com for owner's comments & www.ecoustics.com for pro reviews. Or do a search here because there is a lot of info on HDTV sets. For what it's worth Sony will have a 27" HDTV set out shortly. Whatever you do STAY AWAY FROM "Advent" it maybe cheap but it's picture & build quality are sub-par. If you can move up to a 30" Wide-Screen take a look at the Sanyo that Wal-Mart has for $747 it has the new HDMI Input & a built-in HDTV Tuner & it's getting some pretty good reviews at www.avsforum.com Sanyo also has a 32" version of the set & the price is the same.

I like the Samsung HDTV monitors. The 26" is still available and will work well. If you can wait, the 30" wide screen will be out soon. There is one now, however, it will be replaced. The 2005 line of tv's should include a few more smaller hdtv monitors.

Ryan Leemhuis

Second Unit
Anyone see the Panny set yet? I wanna know how its HD picture is.

Also, do the 2005 line come out in 2005 or in 2004(like cars do ;))

Bill Will

Screenwriter
Ryan, the "New" 2005 models are just starting to come out now (So Yes there kind of like car models) & some brands already have some of their models in the stores. Before Xmas usually "ALL" new electronic products are out & at the beginning of Summer most New Camcorders & Cameras are out.

Iver

Second Unit

Zenith is the brand name for products manufactured by LG (Lucky Goldstar) in Korea.

Some of their STB's seem to have good designs and they make some cool products like an OTA/QAM STB with upscaling DVD player in one case. Zenith TV's seem to have their share, maybe more than their share, of quality control problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks