What's new

Smaller Flat-Panel LCD HDTV's?? (1 Viewer)

Guy_K

Second Unit
I'm in the market for a 15 - 20 inch high-definition widescreen flat-panel TV primarily for use in playing DVDs. I came across this one on amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...&s=electronics

I hope the link works.. If it doesn't, the name is: Samsung LTM-1575W 15" LCD Flat-Panel HDTV-Ready TV

I wanted to ask the experts in this forum if this looks like a good buy or not. It says that it is a High Definition screen, so should I expect DVDs to look stunning on it?

Again, I'm primarily interested in watching DVDs on it, so picture quality is most important. I doubt anyone has this moniter, but if anyone could go to the amazon site and interperate the specs (which really go over my head) for me, I'd really appreciate it.

Also, I'm not dead set on this unit, if anyone has any recommendations of 15"-20" flat-panel widescreen LCDs, my price range is about $500-800 dollars. Thanks!

Guy_K

Second Unit
I will just list the stats, because the amazon link doesn't work. My main question is whether or not DVDs will look better on this than on normal TV's (based on the stats):

HDTV monitor with add-on DTV receiver/decoder that outputs 1080i, 480P or 720P

Regular aspect ratio

DVD/DTV/PC capable

Resolution WXGA (1280 x 768)

Display exceeds 720P

400:1 contrast ratio

Brightness 450 cd/m©÷

PC Picture-In-Picture

10-watts audio total

Lamp life 60,000 hours

VESA standard mounting holes

Wall or stand mount capable

Specifications:

Audio: Output Power 10 watts total

Audio: Virtual Dolby® Sound

Connections: S-Video 1 Rear

DVD 480i Video: Input 1 Rear

DTV 480p/1080i Video input: 1 Rear

PC Audio Input: 1 Rear

PC Video Input: 1 Rear

RF Input: 1 Rear

Headphone Jack: on Rear Panel

Net Dimensions
-21 1/8"(W) x 12 11/16"(H) x 2 1/8"(D)
(without stand) 21 1/8"(W) x 15 7/8"(H) x 8 1/16"(D)
(with stand)

Guy_K

Second Unit
Well I went to Best Buy and I saw one of these 17" flat-panel Samsungs. They had one of those DVD samples on a loop and I was very impressed with the PQ. I've never had a High Definition TV before, and a smaller one is good enough for me.. it's exciting to have one coming in finally. I was impressed enough to go for the buy.. Hopefully I made the right choice!

If anyone has ever tried one of these units (15" or 17") Samsung widescreen flat-panels, I'd love to get opinions of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks