What's new

Smaller direct view sugestions? (1 Viewer)

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Hi, I am looking for suggestions for a smaller direct view set for my GF. I am kind of lost as for the last several years all I have followed is RPTV prices and features.
The facts... Her cabinet will limit the choice in height to about 20 inches so I will probably be looking at 24" max. It would be a 4:3 set non HD ready (price). Don't care about PIP and other such features but would like to have a good jack pack.
Budget... Well I would like to get her a quality set and not some Wal-mart special but don't want to spend a fortune either. I know, kind of fuzzy but I really don't know the market for smaller TVs. Say as little as I can spend and still not get a POS. :)
------------------
Luke

WoodyH

Stunt Coordinator
I was considering a 20" flatscreen that I saw at a Best Buy here in Seattle - it was a Toshiba unit that had component inputs, for $300. Didn't seem to be a bad deal at all, though since the store was out of stock I ended up going for a different model.
Here's the product info page at Best Buy's website - Toshiba 20AF41
------------------
Woody Hanscom
Link Removed

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Thanks Woody, I will look at it. I am hoping to squeeze at least a 24" in her cabinet. I may be able to move a shelf up and swing a 27" but I doubt it.
Anyone else?
------------------
Luke

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Bump- One last try. Like I figured, not many people here interested in small TVs Link Removed
------------------
Luke

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
In the 20 and 24 inch range, I'd look at the Toshiba 20AF41 and 24AF41 as well as the Panasonic Taus - 20SX11 and 24SX11 I believe. Both model lines are flat tubes with component inputs. I have a 20AF41 as a smaller secondary tv and it's pretty decent. I guess my only words of caution are that many people seem to have geometry problems with it (and in general with flat tubes) including me (fix for the most part via the service menu - I wrote up a fairly detailed review over at www.audioreview.com recently) and it has no color temperature control. The Panasonic models have the latter I believe.
good luck in your search,
--tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks