Small Update

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Erik Farstad, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Erik Farstad

Erik Farstad Supporting Actor

Just thought I'd share a quick pic of the theater now that I've finally positioned (appropriately) my Martin Logan SL3's and got a second SVS...oh, a shot of our theater phone as well. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More shots and details on my website...still more to come...the fun never ends! [​IMG]

E

2. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

Just when I think your HT can't get any cooler...[​IMG]

Oh man! You have to remember where you got the phone from! Please tell me.

3. Erik Farstad

Thanks Andres...you have "cool" going for you too in your 'plex!' [​IMG]

E

4. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

I don't know about that. We shall see when I'm done with it.

BTW, I want your HT phone! [​IMG]

5. Erik Farstad

Andres...if you come visit, I'll let you use it...but not take it with you! [​IMG]

E

6. Chris Hovanic

Chris Hovanic Supporting Actor

As always Erik what a great theater. I think you need some bigger speakers [​IMG] those Martin Logan's look like they go to the ceiling.

How does that second SVS help out? I may have to come give it a listen before I buy one in the next year or so.

BTW I was up in your area a couple of weeks ago... went and visited Paul Allen's theater... The Cinerama! If you have never seen a movie there I would highly recommend it!

Thanks again for sharing!

7. Erik Farstad

Thanks Chris! The ML's are about one foot or so from the bottom of the soffit, but at about 6' tall or so...they don't quite touch the ceiling! [​IMG]

The second SVS really makes an amazing difference. The new one is tuned to 22hz, the other to 25hz, so combined I get deeper extension and can easily hit reference levels with ease...just smooth, clean and tight bass! Plus the room response, in every seat in the theater, has improved as well.

Come on by...I'd love to give you a demo! [​IMG]

E

8. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Erik,
    I always look forward to your updates...they help me plan my theater in the future.

9. Erik Farstad

Thanks Matthew...can I come visit Florida when yours is done? Would be a nice and warm/sunny excuse for a family vacation![​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

E

10. Mathew Shelby

Mathew Shelby Second Unit

Absolutely. I am no longer in Tallahassee anymore (I finally finished undergrad). I am now outside of Tampa and will be beginning grad school through FSU distance learning. I am very excited.

11. Erik Farstad

Thanks and Congrats Mathew! I'll finishing my MBA next month myself...enjoy the good times! [​IMG]

E

12. Mark Amayao

Mark Amayao Stunt Coordinator

Its amazing how the seemingly smallest touches can add so much novelty to a room. Looks great.

Seriously though Erik your theater is one of my favorites.
    Not too extravagant, but still elegant. You just added a touch of fun, with the new additions. All the right touches. I gotta see this thing in the flesh one of these days.

Look forward to seeing more updates. I still need to find a way to mount this projector in my room. Some form of coffee table mount or ottoman is in order. Youve seen my ceilings.
    Got any suggestions?

Take it easy man

13. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I also look forward to your updates Erik. Your theater is one of the best I've seen. What's next?

14. Erik Farstad

Thanks Mark! I want the theater to look attractive, not in your face, but also fun...And you're welcome anytime you come up this way...as for your PJ. I'd look to build a coffee table or ottoman and house the PJ in there. Then just build a "flip-down" panel that you can use when it's movie time! [​IMG] You could design it with "slats" so it would dissipate heat properly, yet still look attractive...contact me via e-mail and we can discuss it!

Thanks David...your words are very kind! What's next? Well, I still need to install the rear curtains over the window, finish my game port and outlet on the side wall, build a better and "more attractive" projector mount, and then I'll be close wrapping up the small details! [​IMG]

Then it's off to finish the rest of the basement...[​IMG]

E

15. BrianKR

BrianKR Second Unit

Wow Erik,
    Will you ever stop?
    You are a bad influence on us all. I got the bug bad now with upgrading trying to keep up with the Jones-Farstad! [​IMG]

If I am ever in the West Coast I would love to see your HT room in person. Pictures do no justice when it comes to rooms like yours.

You don't have posters hanging in or outside of you HT room? Is that something you considered doing at any time or no?

16. Erik Farstad

Thanks Brian! And please if you're ever over in my neck of the woods, you're more than welcome! [​IMG] No posters on the inside...really no room and honestly would not do much for the room's "look" IMHO. And I made an agreement with the wife, nothing on the outside walls...hey she lets me do all this crazy stuff so there has to be some compromise!

E

17. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    What projector are you using for the room?

18. Erik Farstad

Neil, Sanyo Z1 on a 92" Da-Lite HCCV screen.

E

19. Greg*go

Greg*go Supporting Actor

Erik, awesome improvements! Your neighbors might think the SVS's are actually a package deal with the MLs. I remember you put sand in the right corner for the SVS, did you do the same thing for the new one? And what did you do with your old front speakers?

Your whole site is really overwhelming, but in a good way. Congrats to the always closer completion of a dream. Is that 2nd kid there yet?

20. Erik Farstad

Thanks Greg! Well I didn't put sand in the front left corner because I wasn't thinking too far ahead...heck to really do it right I should have put sand in the entire stage! [​IMG] But everything just sounds amazing as is...so learn from my mistake everyone...but if you didn't do it either...don't sweat it and just enjoy the movies! [​IMG]

Little Nathan, our second boy, is due on Dec. 4th...thanks for asking, we're very excited![​IMG]

E