What's new

Small speakers (1 Viewer)

Gary Shipley

Second Unit
I need some help. A friend of mine is looking for some "cube" type speakers, similar to the Bose type, but not Bose. I know some of you have mentioned some suggestions in the past, but I can't remember what they are. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance.

Real Name
Freddie Ross
You might want to take a look at their clearance page, they have a better set for cheaper than the full home theater with the cubes. The speakers are a bit bigger, but they use better drivers in them. Conversely, you do get a smaller sub (Basscube 8 as opposed to the Basscube 10). If your friend must stick to the cubes however, here is the full home theater setup.

That said, their cube speakers are fun to listen to. They aren't all that accurate and don't have much extension obviously, but there is a warmth about them that I really enjoy. I have one that I used to use for a surround back but every once in a while I use it in place of one of the mains just because its such a cool little speaker.

Nomad

Grip
Real Name
Brian
Ive always been curious how the Mirage Nanostats sound but cant find a dealer around here.

Taterworks

Auditioning
Real Name
Rory Buszka
If you're interested in the Mirage Nanosats, you have only to find your nearest Best Buy that has a Magnolia Home Theater department -- they carry Def Tech, Boston, Mirage, and Vienna Acoustics, as well as Bose's upper-end systems.

Mirage's new MX home theater system is intriguing -- they've taken miniaturization to a new level, with satellites that have 2.5" woofers and the MM-6 subwoofer which is only 8" along each dimension, having a 6.5" active driver and a pair of side-firing 6.5" passive radiators.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tskogg
Recent bookmarks