What's new

small speakers. (1 Viewer)

Bryan Michael

Supporting Actor
i am looking to buld my dad some small speakers for x mas and was wondering how good is the elf? they have a moterate sub and a nice recever. and is there any other single driver small speaker that i can buld at around the same price point. they will be replaceing r 10 from polk so i am looking to heep the sound quality at least at that level or higher.

thanks

TimForman

Supporting Actor
The Tangband W3-871S is the best new full-range driver available for under $15 that I'm aware of. The next step up may be the Fostex FE-103E but it's at least twice the cost. I've built the ELF 1.0 and 1.5 plus created some other designs using the 871. The 1.5 is well worth the extra cost for the driver and electronics IMO. This is not the speaker that you want for high-performance HT in a large room, but for smaller rooms or more moderate volume levels it is a very good system. The Fs of the 871 is 125Hz. I've been able to compensate for the rapid LF rolloff with an AV8 based sub. The two systems blend nicely.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks