What's new

Small size ( SATs) (1 Viewer)

Sunil*N

Grip
Hello All,

I had asked for help but no one wanted to respond so may be I asked a wrong question. So let me try again.

I am in market for small size Sat srround system. I own a Onkyo SR503 and have a room size of 20X20. What are my options? My budget in around 700 dollars (including a Sub).

Thanks,

Sunil

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You might find it a bit difficult to fill a room that size with small satellite speakers and that receiver. My room is 19x20 and I have tried a variety of speakers in it. I would highly recommend at the very least looking for some decent bookshelf speakers and a center for the front three, as these are the most important, then the sub, then the surrounds (IMO).

Take a look at the Athena offerings at Audio Advisor. A set of B1s/1.2s all around or some 2.2s up front and 1.2s out back and a C1.2 center would probably work well without costing a ton, though that will leave less for a sub.

If small size is an issue and you don't mind silver, the HSU VT-12 might be worth looking into: http://www.hsustore.com/vt12.html ($299, no sub) and also the Athena point 5 at www.onecall.com ($198, no sub). The advantage to these guys is neither includes a sub and you will have more to put towards a decent sub, which a room this size kind of needs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks