Small size ( SATs)

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Sunil*N, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Sunil*N

Sunil*N Extra

Hello All,

I had asked for help but no one wanted to respond so may be I asked a wrong question. So let me try again.

I am in market for small size Sat srround system. I own a Onkyo SR503 and have a room size of 20X20. What are my options? My budget in around 700 dollars (including a Sub).

Thanks,

Sunil

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    You might find it a bit difficult to fill a room that size with small satellite speakers and that receiver. My room is 19x20 and I have tried a variety of speakers in it. I would highly recommend at the very least looking for some decent bookshelf speakers and a center for the front three, as these are the most important, then the sub, then the surrounds (IMO).

Take a look at the Athena offerings at Audio Advisor. A set of B1s/1.2s all around or some 2.2s up front and 1.2s out back and a C1.2 center would probably work well without costing a ton, though that will leave less for a sub.

If small size is an issue and you don't mind silver, the HSU VT-12 might be worth looking into: http://www.hsustore.com/vt12.html ($299, no sub) and also the Athena point 5 at www.onecall.com ($198, no sub). The advantage to these guys is neither includes a sub and you will have more to put towards a decent sub, which a room this size kind of needs.

3. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Look at the Athena Micra-6 system.