What's new

Small quiet cooling fan (1 Viewer)

DarrinH

Second Unit
Ok guys and gals I need some sort of a small cooling fan and I need to know what and where is a good place to get them. Will I need a transformer to run them on household power? Will they come with one or do I need to somehow connect one? What is the best brand to get?
This will not be mounted in a rack. I have a false wall in the front of my theater and the fan will pull air from the room and vent into the wiring closet behind the false wall.
It will probably be mounted vertically freestanding near my TV vents.
Help Please, thanks...

Ken Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Try plycon.com. They are mainly for computers but they are the quietest fans around. There are different sizes, db, and cubic feet of air that they will handle. I'll leave that for you to decide. If they run on 12 volt, Radio Shack has a AC converter for $15.00. If you want 110 volt markertek.com has a few. They aren't that quiet though.(not to bad if you have your sound up).Hope this helps.

Phil A

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Phil
Radio Shack makes a 4 inch fan that is pretty quiet. You just need a plug and it will run on household current. You'll want the heavy-duty die-cast one, and it is about $20. For what you are trying to do you may wish to at least check out those exhaust fans made to be window mounted and mount it on the wall or perhaps more than one fan depending on the area size.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
A small AC powered fan like a small box fan or small round fan can be bought for about $15. Add $8 for a "lamp dimmer" cord so you can slow the fan speed down to keep it quiet and ... thats it. Nothing fancy needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks