Small living room, should i still buy an SVS?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Youssef, Aug 5, 2002.

1. Youssef

Youssef Stunt Coordinator

Hi everyone. After reading numerous posts about how much you guys love your SVS, I decided to maybe consider upgrading my 12" JBL powered sub. I am really not too happ with the sub i currently have b/c it just doesn't make me feel the bass at all and it sounds terrible with music. Would i hear a noticeable difference if i got an SVS sub? I live in an apt. so i have a small living room and I was wondering whether or not it would be a problem? The sub i was looking at getting was the 25-31 or the 20-39 PCI. Any feedback would be great. thanks.

2. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Well, look at it this way. You can always turn a large sub lower, but you cannot turn a small sub higher[​IMG]
    I built a 15" Tempest Sonosub for my small 10'x12' HT room. At first, I thought it might be too big, it's not. Get the SVS.
    Peace Out~[​IMG]

3. Bry_DD

Bry_DD Second Unit

You'll have a big problem alright... with you neighbor if you get any of those SVS.[​IMG]

4. BobAlbano

BobAlbano Second Unit

I have a dual 20-39cs+/Samson combo in a 12X12 room! Enough said?[​IMG]

5. Chas_T

Chas_T Supporting Actor

Agreed on all of these comments. I don't own an SVS, but it will give you all you want and more. Can always turn it down..

6. Chip E

Chip E Screenwriter

I run an SVS 20-39PC in a room that measures 11'6" X 11'2"..
    No problems at all, just really good bass. It replaced a JBL 10" mudbox over a year ago. I never looked back. Blends right in with the rest of my gear..