What's new

Small LCD monitor advice needed! (1 Viewer)

Blaine G

Grip
Hello everyone, i need a small lcd for my truck (5-6") and i was curious if anyone could recommend any. The lcd will be used for a computer screen which will be used for gps navigation, mp3 playback, and a few other things. I would like to keep the price under $400 if that is possible. If there are any good ones anyone could recommend for less then $400 that would be greatly appreciated!

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Well, there's a few things you can do. It all depends on how you want it to look, and how permament you want it to be. In dash, headrest, and overhead monitors will all be over $1000 in price, plus they will need to be installed. You can buy separate LCD monitors from, say Best Buy, for around $200. They have standard RCA inputs on them to run anything you want, so your computer would need some kind fo RCA or Svideo output, which most have. I'd look into that.

Blaine G

Grip
Thanks for the reply KurtW, that is what i was planning on doing, just buying a small lcd monitor that had svidio inputs or if possible dvi inputs. But i don't know of any good ones for $400 or less. They all look the same to me online and i cant seem to find any reviews of them anywhere.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Like I said, Best Buy sells one as an ad-on to their Audiovox video-in-a-bag units that would do exactly what you need it to do.

I was going to post a http link in UBB, but it didn't want to let me, so just go to Best Buy's web site, and look under the car audio/video section. You'll see the Audiovox VBPEX56. $199.99

Blaine G

Grip
Thanks for the info Kurt, but unfortunately with those speakers on the sides of it it wont fit where i am planning on putting it, do you know of any that are just the lcd? And one with an svidio input or better would be best.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm, I don't know of any that are any smaller, but then, I haven't really had to look. I'd check some of the better vendors, like Audiovox, Alpine, and the like, see what they have to offer.

It may help if I knew exactly what and where you were planning on using this. There's a lot of options out there now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks