What's new

Small floor standing speaker shootout... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Yes... The "audio memory" is a difficult thing. I love it when certain reviewers who hold blind listening tests in low regard will compare a speaker they are listening to today to one they heard two years ago.

Think about it, according to this logic: Listening to both speakers side by side, not knowing which is which, and posting what you hear is NOT a valid approach.

But... Listening to a pair of Acme 100's today, with no other speakers in the room, and comparing them to the Blaster 5000's you tested in 2002 IS a valid approach.

ok... rant over

Nhan_H

Second Unit
hehehe :)

Take a deep breath and go have some jack&coke.

Hopefully, DOJ is not keeping an eye out for this thread :)

You are absolutely correct. Sometimes, it's even pretty difficult comparing speakers in the same room, right next to each other. Of course I don't have to tell you about that :)

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Yesterday, after a brisk round of golf, (meaning we walked the course, carried our clubs, and it was 62 degrees and windy) I had a chance to listen to some more new stuff... Finally broke down and bought a Diana Krall CD... What a voice...

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
Jack - The Girl in the Other Room... That voice is just SEXY...

I need to get a lotta more...

The Rockets have made me want to get more music... more so than any speakers I have had in years... I think we have purchased 150 CD's in the past 6 weeks... no kidding...

Jimmy Harmon

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah, Diana Krall isn't something I listen to every day, but she does make some beautiful music. Which Rockets are you listenting to Craig? Wondering if the 750's have arrived at your home yet.

Craig Chase

Gear Guru
Real Name
Craig
It is the 250.2's with the Maestro handling bass... they work great together...

No 750's yet, we are having them held until some remodeling is complete...

JackRI

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jack Richard
As good a singer as she is, she's known more as a Jazz pianist who sings, rather than a singer who plays jazz piano. I, and my siblings, feel she, vocally, is reminiscent of (NOT sounds exactly like) Julie London of the 1950s. Kinda breathy and warm. Yummy! You'll soon discover that she's just as pleasant to look at as she is to listen to (never end a sentence a preposition with. :rolleyes:)

Nhan_H

Second Unit
A friend of mine suggested I listen to some Patricia Barber. He's been into Jazz music for quite a while and has his post doctorate in Acoustics. He thought Patricia has better jazz roots than Diana (whom he thinks is more of a performer than an artist). Whatever....I just like hot chicks who makes good music :)

http://www.patriciabarber.com/

Her Nightclub CD's first track has some really powerful bass!!!!!

BradJudy

Stunt Coordinator
For those attending the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, Patricia will be giving a rather intimate performance (only 75 seats IIRC).

CurtisSC

Screenwriter
I am also a Diana Krall fan, but what think is most interesting is the fact that she is married to Elvis Costello.

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:
__________________________________________________ ________

Heh heh... I was listening to that voice... looking at the picture, and being mellow...

What lyrics ?

Naughty, naughty, naughty!... :D

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SBS bassaholic..."

frank manrique

Supporting Actor
quote:

Frank... Naughty ? Or still alive...

He, he, he...I envy you, Craig...you're still quite young (not that I've lost my deep admiration for the female form even at my age! :b )... :)

-THTS

"...hi, my name is Frank...and am an SVS bassaholic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks