What's new

Small, cheap, accurate sub? (1 Viewer)

Brandon[C]

Auditioning
Hey guys I need a sub, that will be used mostly for music in my 10x11 bedroom to compliment this system(used as my PC system): Klipsch SB-1 mains, Klipsch SC.5 center, and klipsch quintet rears. Ive heard pretty good things about the Cambridge Soundworks Basscube 8, and its both small and cheap- Has anyone heard it and is it a decently accurate musical sub?

thanks

Just got my Dayton 10" in the mail today... I definitely recommend this sub for you. Ive been installing surround sound systems in friends homes for 6 years now. I've used subs from all the major brands and at all price ranges. After toying with the Dayton sub today all i can say is... WOW! For the price this sub is absolutely perfect.

Buy this sub with confidence. It will not disappoint. The next time you will need to upgrade your subwoofer is if you ever want to build a top of the line system. When that time comes, buy an SVS. For now get the Dayton.

One more thing. My buddy has the basscube 10. Not bad, but not outstanding. If you are going to go with Cambridge Soundworks buy a refurbished unit off of ebay. CSoundworks sells them directly so you know you are getting a quality refurb and a full warranty. You can get the basscube 12" for $180 or less. In fact the "buy it now" price is $180 right now.

Just head on over to ebay and search for "soundworks".

I still recommend the Dayton 10" however.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The basscubes are OK, but the Newton subs are much better, though they start getting a bit too pricey for what you get then.

The next nearest subs to the Dayton would be the www.adireaudio.com Rava or www.hsu-research.com STF-2, both at just over 2x the cost, so in terms of $$, the Dayton is probably your best bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks