What's new

Sly Cooper? Any Reviews? (1 Viewer)

ChrisV

Second Unit
Good looking, fun game... although I'm only partway through, it does seem as though it will be fairly short as most reviewers have mentioned.

The only problem I've had with it so far is that I managed to get the camera stuck in a wall so that I couldn't see anything. I was able to get it out by mashing through the menus a bit.

Other than that, it's quite a good game, not too difficult so far with some diverting mini-games.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
Sly Cooper is taking the back seat to two other games, Blinx the gimmicky, err, I mean innovative time travelling Xbox platformer, and Ratchet & Clank, a game I have heard far more hype about than actual information (although I'm sure it's deserving of the hype).
For those who like platformers, if you are concerned about the length of the game and about the slowdown that IGN discusses in the review, here is some consolation:
I have spent several hours with the game and just passed on to the 2nd of 5 worlds, I am enjoying every minute of it, I laughed out loud at a few (intentionally funny) moments, and I simply did not notice the criminal incidents of slowdown indicted in the review. The art design is stunning, the voice acting is way above par, and the variety of worlds and gameplay options is pretty fantastic.
The game this most resembles, platformer-wise, is the DC version of Rayman 2. It has the same beautiful, comic book textures and the same smooth movement of the lead character. Those expecting a quest of epic proportions may be disappointed, but the game does not disappoint in terms of replay value and overall fun factor. I bought this sight unseen for the most part, and was heartily impressed.
Based on what I've played so far, and on my anticipation of the length of the game:
:star::star::star: (out of 4)
Recommended.
~joseph

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I will definitely be picking this game up. Right now I have to get through Kingdom Hearts and I'm still pretty addicted to SOCOM. Then I'll have to pick up Tekken 4.

My other consoles are getting no love.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Right, so I finished the game. It turned out to be very short indeed. The perfect rental. I did notice some of the slowdown they talked about, but I never killed Sly as a result of it, so no problem. All in all an enjoyable experience.

Davie C

Auditioning
IS it me, or is SOCOM so DAMN ADDICTING!?! i play constantly for about 7 hours straight a day! i've had it since day 1 and i havent put it down yet! anyone else feel the same?

Jay_Sharp

Stunt Coordinator
Agreed Rayman 2 is definetly something I noticed. Art direction in both games is killer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks