What's new

Slow UPS, Too Much Waiting....Make Chris go Crazy! (1 Viewer)

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
***Following post worded for the Kubrick fans***

Wednesday (July 10th)
....Chris orders a 16-46PCi from SV Subwoofers. Then drives along a winding road in the mountains. Hums the tune from "Girl from Impanema."

Thursday
....Chris gets some gas for more winding mountain road driving. Humming escalates to actual singing. Thinks about new toy he ordered.

Friday
....Chris forgets to check the tracking number with UPS, drives all the way back home. Sees Wednesday, gets in car, drives back to scenic winding mountain road.

Saturday
....Chris pulls up to the Overlook hotel. Sees twin girls. Left quickly.

Sunday
....Chris ate a newspaper. Cried.

Monday
....Chris tracks UPS number. Still Wednesday. Yells at UPS. Locks self in cold storage. Drool freezes into stalagtite.

Tuesday
....Xanax.

Wednesday
....Chris hears knocking on cold storage door. UPS man tells him he will open the door if he signs for the package. Chris breaks off drool stalagtite, tries to stab UPS man. UPS man runs off leaving the package. Chris cries and hugs giant brown box. Chris makes giant brown box some food. Chris happy.

/Fade to black

peter a

Stunt Coordinator
chris.... i follow you up until the part where you "saw twin girls at a HOTEL... AND LEFT"-
sure, i love my svs... but come on people.. let's not lose our sanity- ;)
p

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Sanity is overated. Exuberance is pure.

What made me insane and less than exuberant was that the UPS guy signed my name and left my svs on the front step when no one was home. Hmm...

Dan

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
I just got my pair of the 16-46CS+'s delivered to the office an hour ago. The UPS lady didn't even bother bringing them in. She came up to my office and asked for me. I got the keys to my bosses truck and went down and took them out of her truck and put them in his. Sadly, I don't close on the new house til Monday. It just doesn't seem right to have a pair of SVSes and not be able to use them.

Chris James

Stunt Coordinator
Well Keith, I can definitely assure that you will be completely happy with them once you get set-up. My single 16-46PCi is wonderful. Can't imagine what two 16CS+'s would sound like! Too bad you aren't closer to Houston, or I'd have to come check them out.

Man, my original post was quite odd.

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
Odd, perhaps, as in out of the ordinary. But is such poetry and enthusiasm a bad thing? (tho I didn't understand the twins/hotel thing...)

I pity those for whom researching, deciding, ordering, and waiting cease to get a bit of adrenalin up.
On the other hand, it is only the material world.

But why not enjoy this world?

Now look what you've done...

Dan

My own weirdness: personally, I wonder if the thrill of the chase (ie research for optimization) isn't more fun than actually getting the stuff.... Perhaps. AF1 was great last night with the new 16=46 pci...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks