1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Slow page loading

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jon_B, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Jon_B

Jon_B Screenwriter

I'm experiencing the slowest connection since we changed over to the new server. I'm using a cable connection and it took me 3 minutes just to get to this page to post this message. [​IMG]
    Jon

2. TravisB

TravisB Agent

It looks like the switch port HTF is attached to is taking errors. If I can't resolve it, I'm going to go move the server to a different port.

3. Vince Maskeeper

Vince Maskeeper Producer

HAving the same problem on my end- actually the site has come up as "down" for the past hour. Digitalbits seems to be down as well.
    -Vince
    ------------------
    http://www.musicianassist.com
    AIM: VinceMaskeeper
    Do you want SOUTH PARK on DVD in order, rather than themed sets? Join our overwhelming majority!!

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Well at least I know now that it isn't my connection. I did a couple of double posts by mistake as a result of the slow load times.
    ------------------
    http://webhome.idirect.com/~orange1
    ------------------
    My Favourite DVD's

5. TravisB

TravisB Agent

Weird. This was a combination of two problems; always the worst to track down.
    The ethernet interface (or cabling) on the server looks like it may be having problems. I forced it down to 10mbit from the switch, and that got the transmit errors under control.
    Also, a log file reached the maximum system file size, which was causing Apache a lot of confusion. I trimmed it down and moved it to more aggressive rotation.
    We'll see how it holds up from here...