What's new

Slings and Arrows not WS? (1 Viewer)

Clay_E

Second Unit
Just got Season One of this little-known show from Netflix and was dismayed that although it's listed as being anamorphic widescreen, the picture displays on my TV as stretched out, tall and thin. I've never had this happen with any other widescreen discs before - has anyone else had this problem?

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
My copy is fine; anamorphic widescreen. What type of TV do you have; 4x3 or 16x9?

Gord

Clay_E

Second Unit
Gord,

My TV is 4x3, but again, this has never been a problem when I've tried to watch any other widescreen DVD, whether anamorphic or non-. Very confused, and more than a little glad I only rented the discs rather than buying as I'd intended, if I won't be able to watch them properly.

Love your site, by the way - it's a daily visit for me!

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Maybe double-check that your DVD player is set up properly. It sounds like something is screwy and the player thinks your TV is 16:9 so it's giving you the whole picture instead of generating black bars.

Gord

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I own the set, and it's definitely anamorphic widescreen. Great presentation of one of the funniest and smartest shows on TV.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks