Slings and Arrows not WS?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Clay_E, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Clay_E

Clay_E Stunt Coordinator

Just got Season One of this little-known show from Netflix and was dismayed that although it's listed as being anamorphic widescreen, the picture displays on my TV as stretched out, tall and thin. I've never had this happen with any other widescreen discs before - has anyone else had this problem?

2. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

My copy is fine; anamorphic widescreen. What type of TV do you have; 4x3 or 16x9?

Gord

3. Clay_E

Clay_E Stunt Coordinator

Gord,

My TV is 4x3, but again, this has never been a problem when I've tried to watch any other widescreen DVD, whether anamorphic or non-. Very confused, and more than a little glad I only rented the discs rather than buying as I'd intended, if I won't be able to watch them properly.

Love your site, by the way - it's a daily visit for me!

4. Gord Lacey

Gord Lacey Cinematographer

Maybe double-check that your DVD player is set up properly. It sounds like something is screwy and the player thinks your TV is 16:9 so it's giving you the whole picture instead of generating black bars.

Gord

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

I own the set, and it's definitely anamorphic widescreen. Great presentation of one of the funniest and smartest shows on TV.

M.