What's new

Slingbox users wanted (1 Viewer)

David Tolsky

Supporting Actor
If anyone is using a slingbox, a device used to transfer your television channels to your laptop computer via the internet, I'm looking for some feedback on how you like it and all the requirements it needs to be up and running. I am interested in getting the HD version and just want to know if it lives up to the hype. Thanks for any input you can contribute

techgeek594

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
It depends on what you want to do with Slingbox, and depending on whether you are using wireless router or not, you may need to purchase additional components. Personally, I would not use it but it's everyone's choice to make. I'm more kind of a guy that wants to set-up his network, thus directing cable TV directly to my computer/server, then then access it on a TV via other products. But as I said, everyone has different opinions. That's why restaurant menus have variety of food. If you like to learn more about setting up a network, you may check out Home Network Solutions.net: Build your own entertainment network)

Real Name
Gilpinrysry
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I've used one of the originals for over a year now with hardly any glitches - its really quite surprising given how almost every other networked device I've ever owned (be it a router, switch, NAS drive, or print server) generally has to be rebooted at least once a month. The slingbox is super reliable.

I use it to watch US TV, with the slingbox in NC and me in Mexico. Even if you are at a remote site with lower bandwidth you can either let the slingbox adjust the video for you or go in and tinker yourself, all remotely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sajidjadoonisbb
Recent bookmarks