What's new

Slingbox and Media Center (1 Viewer)

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Gregg Loewen should me his Slingbox app for his Droid that I thought was really cool. So it got me thinking about getting a Slingbox but I am not sure how I would hook it up to my HTPC.

Since the Slingbox only has standard RCA inputs for the audio and video would I have to use a DVI to analogue audio/video dongle so I could hook my HPTC up to the Slingbox? If I use the DVI to analogue dongle will this shut down my HDMI outs to my receiver? To change the channels on the HTPC via MCE does the Slingbox use a IR controller?

Any suggestions on this or other alternatives I could use so I can view the content on my HPTC with my EVO would be appreciated.

Parker

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
There are apps coming straight for this, but Slingbox goes the wrong direction; it will pump stuff out from an analog source to digital.. so for example, I use two slingboxes (one in Japan, where my sister is, and one in the UK, where a friend is) to bring UK and Japanese TV into my Media Center. But, slingbox/etc. doesn't really start at a digital source and go.

There is an app coming very shortly (before Christmas) that does this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks