What's new

Sling Blade predecessor coming to dvd (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just saw this over at DVDFile:

Winning the 1996 Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay, Sling Blade was actually not the first time Billy Bob Thorton stepped into the shoes of Karl Childers. Now you can check out the original version of That's Why They Call It A Sling Blade on 3/19, when Vanguard releases a special edition of the film on DVD. Presented in full frame and its original mono track, the disc also includes an audio commentary with director George Hickenlooper, a making-of featurette, and promo spots. Retail is $19.95.
I've never seen this; is it worth a purchase?

Scott Bell

Stunt Coordinator
I've seen this. Its just the interview that takes place at the beginning of the regular movie. The only difference is that Molly Ringwald is the student interviewing him. I think that it only ran for about 15 mins so...dont know if you want to spend the money on something that was recreated for the movie. Hope this helps.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
This is already available on one of the 'Short Cinema Journal' DVDs, either the first or second one. It might even have the audio commentary as well, I can't remember.

Those discs tend to sell for pretty cheap too.

John P Grosskopf

Second Unit
The Sling Blade short was on one of the "Shorts" DVDs a while back, and if your interested, it's only $9.99 at Borders and other video stores.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I've often wondered why the don't do a SE of Sling Blade with this included. It would seem like an idea "extra".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks