"Slime" Movie Double Feature!

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John Fleming, Jan 16, 2004.

1. John Fleming

John Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone else agree that a great double feature DVD release would be the "killer slime" sci-fi films Caltiki, the Immortal Monster(1960) and The H Man(1959)? Having these two together on the same DVD would be pretty cool indeed. Hey, I can dream, can't I? Anyone know who owns the rights to these films?

2. Kenny Goldin

Kenny Goldin Second Unit

that would indeed be "da bomb!"

3. John Fleming

John Fleming Stunt Coordinator

Okay, maybe these 2 films are a little obscure (but still a hoot). Trivia question to all you Italian horror fans...what big name in the Italian horror film industry was the cinematographer for Caltiki, the Immortal Monster? First person to consult the IMDB website and respond correctly wins...absolutely nothing [​IMG] By the way, if you've never seen The H Man check it out - it's a Japanese movie which is an entertaining mix of gangsters, monsters, etc. The people dissolving special effects while primitive (read:simple) are nevertheless chilling in their effectiveness (no pun intended). I would still like to know who likely owns the rights to release these two films on DVD, if anyone has an idea - thanks.

4. Peter M Fitzgerald

Peter M Fitzgerald Screenwriter

Peter Fitzgerald
    John,

The answer is Mario Bava. Funny that I should run across this post just now, as I'm at this very moment in the last stages of burning my rather crummy (but better than nothing) VHS of CALTIKI to DVD-R.

I would go nuts over a CALTIKI/H-MAN double-feature DVD, but I doubt it will ever happen in R1. The American rights for CALTIKI (distributed here by Allied Artists) are likely under Warner's control, while the English-dubbed version of Toho's H-MAN belongs to Columbia Tristar.