slightly used stand-alone tivos, got one for sale or know where to find one???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by KevinW, Sep 30, 2002.

1. KevinW

KevinW Stunt Coordinator

Long story short, my directv provider has screwed me out of getting the national feeds of NBC and CBS, which I've had for 2 years now. And since I have a Directv/Tivo unit, I'm forced to videotape my shows from the basic cable I had to have hooked up. So, I need an in-expensive new or used stand alone tivo.

Anyone have any suggestion on a good place to look?

2. Mark_E_Smith

Mark_E_Smith Second Unit

Dont know if you can find an inexpensive SA (try ebay but beware), but have you considered "moving" to an area that is in your spot beam that has locals?

3. Robert_J

Robert_J Lead Actor

Robert
    Kevin,
    Looking at a map, you are probably on the fringe area of the Memphis spot beam. Search over at DBS Forums for the DirecTV channel to transponder link. If you can get the Memphis spot transponder at a high enough strength, you can "move" to Memphis (or north MS). If you can't get any spots with a high enough strength, you can "move" to NY or LA to get distant feeds. If you have a 18x24 dish, you can "move" to New Orleans.
    If you haven't figured it out, "moving" means changing your service address to a new area but keeping your billing address the same as you have now.
    -Robert