1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Slight "tick" thru speakers when I raise/lower volume on Denon 3802

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by JohnMW, Mar 9, 2002.

1. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

I have checked all the connections for proper hookup, yet this has me stumped. The ticking occurs after each increment on the volume level. It is very faint but I can hear it. I have IXOS gamma speaker wire throughout. Any ideas?

2. Michael Mohrmann

Michael Mohrmann Screenwriter

I had a Marantz AV-9000 prepro that had the same clicks, which were more obvious when changing the volume quickly using the remote. Otherwise, I never noticed an issue with the sound quality because of it.

Michael

3. Alexis

Alexis Stunt Coordinator

happens on the denon 1602 as well. Doesn't matter if I use the remote or turn the knob, it is the same. So it is part of the volume circuitry.

4. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Yeah, my kenwood does that too

5. Eric Samonte

Eric Samonte Screenwriter

Have the 3802....nothing here....just to toss in my experience.

6. Selden Ball

Selden Ball Second Unit

Selden
    I currently have a Marantz AV-9000. It doesn't click at all.

I suspect this problem may be due to an internal design error or ICs that didn't quite meet spec, so that the problem has been resolved in later production models. This comment doesn't apply only to Marantz, of course.

7. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Is it a consistent clicking sound or static? If the volume pot is dirty, you may hear static as you adjust the volume. I experience that with my NAD C 370 integrated amp every so often. I have to blow dust off the volume knob. There is a little space around the volume knob that allows me to blow air into the unit to get rid of dust that could on the internal part of the volume pot. This stops the static, at least until dust builds up again.

8. JohnMW

JohnMW Second Unit

9. Alexis

Alexis Stunt Coordinator

happens on the denon 5602 as well. it isn't a pot issue since the volume is digital and doesn't turn with the remote. it is a digital flywheel.

10. Earl Simpson

Earl Simpson Supporting Actor

Thats odd, my 3802 doesn't do it. Was I cheated?

11. Ron Reda

Ron Reda Cinematographer

Wow, this is like the third thread that I've read involving problems with the 3802. It sounds as if there's been some bad batches produced. I've had my 3802 for about 4 months now and I haven't experienced any of the issues that I've read about.

12. Luis_RC

Luis_RC Auditioning

I have a 3802 and sometimes I can hear a faint click sound when adjusting the volume. But it is only noticeable when very close to the speakers and there's no source playing.
    Otherwise it is completely inaudible.
    According to the Secrets website, this is normal with digital volume controls: