Sleeping w/ the Enemy

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Keith M., Sep 3, 2003.

1. Keith M.

Keith M. Second Unit

I thought this title was being released on 9/2...

Cant seem to find it anywhere...did it actually come out??

Any info appreciated...

2. josh4040

josh4040 Second Unit

Got one at Circuit City for 9.99. Case claims it is in 5.1 but unfortunately it is only 2.0. Oh well still a good movie. Try tower records if you can't find it at Circuit City.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

I couldn't find it at any store. This is a Fox release, same as "Casper: Spirited Beginning" and "Casper Meets Wendy", and I didn't see those anywhere either. I'm surprised that at least Best Buy didn't have it, since they have the new Fox Studio Classics edition of the 1953 "Titanic".

As for Circuit City, my local store didn't even have it listed as a title they plan to get at that store! [​IMG]

For the rest, my guess is that these are being shipped in by cheaper truck delivery rather than expensive overnight air-delivery. With catalog titles like these, most retailers don't want to pay the extra expense.

I'm going to try Borders today...often they have these catalog titles quicker than others. If that fails, well, it's in stock at DVDPlanet.com! [​IMG]

4. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    Sleeping With The Enemy is a favorite of mine, though I've never seen a widescreen version of it. I've got the old pan & scan LaserDisc and I've been eager to upgrade for years.

I checked our local Suncoast, Sam Goody, Best Buy, and Borders - none had it in stock. So I went the online route and just ordered it from amazon.

Harry

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Borders had 3 copies in stock, for $12.99 each.

2 now! [​IMG] My wife is VERY happy.

6. Jeff D Han

Jeff D Han Supporting Actor

Check www.dvdplanet.com if you are interested because
    the last time I checked there they had it listed as
    in stock.

7. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    Both DVD Planet and Amazon.com had it for the same price, $11.24. I used Amazon, since they are sometimes a bit faster in shipping to me than the west coast-based DVD Planet.

I'm looking forward to seeing this in widescreen.

Harry

8. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

Just FYI, the R4 disc of this has an extended version of the first love scene between Martin & Laura. It's about 30-40 seconds longer and is fairly raunchy considering who's involved (no nudity, sorry). This added footage wasn't listed on the case, so I was pretty surprised when I saw it. I picked up the new R1 disc as well, but the extended cut didn't translate over to it.

9. Harry-N

Harry-N Cinematographer

Harry N.
    Though the 5.1 icon is placed in the 'English' box

▪-▪-▪
    | ▪ |
    ▪---▪

on the back cover, I suspect it's a case of an error on the part of the graphics department. The verbiage says "Dolby Surround". Too bad - I was looking forward to enhanced sound. Still the disc looks great and the 'surround' soundtrack is quite nice.

Great to have this title in my collection. Now I can retire that old pan & scan LaserDisc.

Harry

10. Paul Anthony

Paul Anthony Stunt Coordinator

The box is clearly labeled "Dolby Surround", but the DVD transfer is nicely done. [​IMG] I always thought Julia Roberts was really beautiful in this film with her long wild hair. [​IMG]

11. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

I thought the movie was great up until she met that second guy... Then it went down hill and turned into some sappy love story...

The dating almost immediately just seemed out of character for a woman like this as well... I mean she just escaped a truly horrible releationship... She has no idea if her husband is looking for her... Are you really going to start flirting and dating some other clown like the same day you arrive to a new town under a new identity???

Movie picks up and drags down to the ending... Scenes with Laura and Martin or Laura are good... Scenes with Laura and the college teacher or just the college teacher drag...

Not to mention I thought the college teacher was a horribly annoying character... How I wish a sniper would have taken aim when his character first appears when he is in the backyard with the hose...

12. john mcfadden

john mcfadden Stunt Coordinator

Found mine at Wal Mart for $8.88 .[​IMG]

13. ZackR

ZackR Supporting Actor

14. Jenna

Jenna Second Unit

I found the only copy at Circuit City for $9.99 on it's release date. Haven't seen a single copy in town since.