What's new

Sleeping Beauty gets 2-Disc DTS SE... in France (1 Viewer)

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
Disney's Sleeping Beauty is to get a 2-Disc DVD in France. Picture will be anamorphic. Sound will be in DD5.1 (English & French) and DTS5.1 (French only).
I don't have time right now to translate and post the extras, but the French Language details (and the gorgeous sleeve artwork) are at:
http://www.dvdfr.com/dvd/fiche.php3?id=5280
If the the picture and sound are good then this looks like a Platinum Edition in all but name. Wonder what other countries will get?
(Administrator - I have not placed this thread in the Regional DVD forum as I expect it to be of more general interest)

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
The UK edition of "Sleeping Beauty" was released today, but I can only see a one-disc edition in various B&M stores.

However, R2 Project was recently sent a UK "Sleeping Beauty" extras-only disc in error. The menus posted on the R2 Project website are in English, but the contents of the disc appear to be an exact match for the second disc of the France edition.

This implies that Disney has prepared a 2-Disc edition of Sleeping Beauty with English-language menus and extras. The question now is whether to wait for it to be relaesed (if ever, and wherever) or to go for the France edition in April.

TheoGB

Screenwriter
That's interesting because we were discussing this at DVD Debate - it was looking like the edition would be Pan & Scan ugliness!
The thread in question was here.

Daniel Schenk

Stunt Coordinator
Sleeping Beauty was released in German-Speaking Europe about a month ago. It is a 2-Disc Set with Anamorphic Widescreen and great Special Features. It has no DTS but German and English DD 5.1.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I wouldn't be surprised if the R1 DVD comes out soon.

Disney recently had it restored from the Technirama negatives and actually is doing a limited theatrical run in 70mm.

DTS would be great for this title.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks