What's new

Sleeping Beauty DVD? (1 Viewer)

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
I haven't been able to find any info on it. Can anyone tell me if there is an estimate for a release date/what any special features will be?

Thanks. :)

Shawn RM

Auditioning
Taken from Digital Bits homepage:

"Oh hell... one MORE last quick update this evening just for kicks. We don't have a street date or any disc spec details yet, but Buena Vista has just confirmed with us that The Lion King: Special Edition is on the way. Based on the number of retailers who have been e-mailing us on this, we're pretty sure this will be released as the The Lion King: Platinum Edition in November or December. More on this as it comes in."

Also BTW, it says on my daughter's 101 Dalmatian 2 DVD it will be November. Hope this helps.

Shawn RM

Auditioning
My bad guys. I saw sleeping beauty and immediatly thought Lion KIng! How in the world I guess I will never know. :b

I will see what I can dig up for sleeping beauty.

Shawn RM

Auditioning
The best answer I can give you is it is slated for a May 2003 release. Here is one such place that has had quite a bit of discussion about it.
DVDTalk Thread

Again, sorry about the earlier reply.

Jedrek

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks very much. Glad to know its coming soon.

If anyone else gets some more info, please post it here. :D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Do an HTF search; I'm too lazy to. But lots of discussion and info has been posted at HTF on Sleeping Beauty in the past.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Might want to change that to *was* slated for May 2003 release if it's not announced really soon.

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
Don't know about the date, but as for extra features, I guess it would be quite similar to the recently released UK 2-disc deluxe edition, itself ported from the previously available german and french editions.

However, I find worrisome the fact that online retailers list of details on this UK deluxe edition is missing quite a few of those included in the french and german ones. I have not found a full, reliable review yet, so I can not confirm whether the UK edition is wanting or not, but, for information sake, there goes the extra features from the French edition, by courtesy of Altavista's Babel Fish translator:

DVD 1The film
Making of
Jeu: " Save Dawn "
Extracted the emission " Art Attack "
DVD 2 Files of film: - graphic search - design of the characters
Production of film: - music - restoration - comparison of the formats
Album of film: - advertising hardware - photographs
history: - genesis of the project - first synopses
history of Tchaikovski
tests of Technirama (presumably Cinemascope)
Documentary of time
I just hope that the forthcoming USA edition will fix the annoying and very distracting "shimmering" effect throughout the whole movie exhibited by its french counterpart (otherwise, a nice, brightly colored, crisp detailed transfer).

;)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
A more fleshed-out description of extra features as listed at dvdfr (again, translated by Babel Fish):

Just like for White Snow and the seven dwarves (Collector Edition), it will take you a whole day easily to manage to consult the whole of the supplements of this double DVD splendid and rich in information and files which raviront the curious ones and the professionals of animation.
•Making of
"Ounce Upon A Dream: The Making of Sleeping Beauty "is perfect the making of families which like to know the small secrecies of a film without spending the hours to click everywhere. Large fifteen minutes in VOST.
•Save Aurore
First interactive halt for the children, it acts to answer enigmas with three choices to help prince Philippe to release Aurore. Sympathetic and very easy.
•Studio of inking and colouring
8 characters of film to be colored with the screen while following the vocal indications.
•Art Attack
For the days of rain, after a good DVD, the emission Art Attack de Disney Channel proposes to you here to build a castle with rollers of paperboard. Good ideas to be dug.

The 1st DVD stops here to leave the place to supplements much more pointed or strange on the 2nd DVD.

HISTORY
In this first part of the DVD, you will find especially matter with reading with the genesis of the history which makes the light on the origins of the tale that all allot to Perrault, the synopsis of 1951 which gives a version of the film much darker and even more interesting (many typing errors to regret in this part), 2 sequences of storyboards assembled with the French track whose "capture of the prince" which not only étrangement points out a sequence given up for Blanche Snow, but which offers especially 30 seconds of alternate scene where one sees Maléfique and his people to prepare to catch the prince.

PRODUCTION
Much of vidéos in this part which wants to be without any doubt the prolongation of the making of of the 1st DVD. The music of Beautiful with Wood Sleeping is an interview of Mary Costa which sings and speaks for Aurore. Graphics presents Eywind Earle which inspired all the design of the film and which carried out to it quasi entirety of the decorations. Creation of the decorations is precisely the occasion to see how Earle worked. Taken of sight of reference proposes 2 catches of sight of actors mimant the gestures of the characters to help the organizers to seize all the nuances of the movement; a photo gallery supplements its catches of sight. The restoration gives an outline of work colossal and necessary to clean and give again a blow of youth to the some 108 320 images of film. And to finish, a comparison between respected image and recadrée image will finally make include/understand with the fanatics of the television sets 4/3 what they lose to look of recadrés films.

FILES OF BEAUTIFUL WITH WOOD SLEEPING
Tons of photographs and drawings original paper the stone walls of the rooms of the castle. Accompanied by some pages of text which explain in a very precise way what are the drawings and what they represent at the various stages of the creation of film. Installation and decorations, Disneyland, graphic Research, the book of Beautiful with Wood Sleeping, the design of the characters, the posters and the storyboards are as many universe to be discovered in images. The exact account is on the card of this DVD and attention, because certain tables on the walls hide more than one photograph.

The ALBUM OF BEAUTIFUL WITH the WOOD Still SLEEPING
of the photographs and drawings organized in galleries according to 4 topics: slides, the advertising material, derived products and parks with topics.

4 ARTISTS COMB 1 TREE
a report of 1958 conceived for the Disney programs which gives an outline of the talents of 4 artists of the studio. Their mission: to draw a oak. But each one has obviously its way of approaching the thing.

The HISTORY OF TCHAÏKOVSKY
the music of film being primarily based on the ballet composed by Tchaïkovsky, Disney wanted to pay homage to him by recalling its life in this short film which left in rooms to the United States before being diffused with the télévisio

:emoji_thumbsup:

James Reader

Screenwriter
However, I find worrisome the fact that online retailers list of details on this UK deluxe edition is missing quite a few of those included in the french and german ones.
You know you guys, I posted a full list of contents of the UK Sleeping Beauty Deluxe set on the Regional Forum some time ago.

If you're discussing REGIONAL DISCS, it's worth looking in the REGIONAL FORUM is it not? We get few enough vistors as it is. :frowning:

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Yeah I'm miffed too that nobody checks the regional dvd area for info, considering we get some dvds months, maybe years before everyone else does.
I already have The Hulk 3-disc dvd on region 2, and they haven't even finished making it yet, impressive no?;)

Roy Batty

Second Unit
Real Name
Jose M Mendez
If you're discussing REGIONAL DISCS, it's worth looking in the REGIONAL FORUM is it not? We get few enough vistors as it is.
Sorry.

Yeah, I was listing the UK edition features, but just as a way to make an "educated guess" on the possible features of the forthcoming USA edition discussed here in this thread.

I found it odd myself that the poster I replied to seemed not aware of the already available european editions and their contents.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Only that we seem to be getting The Rescuers in R1 during the timeframe we all thought SB would show up, so we now expect SB around August-September instead.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
David is correct. Notice how it appears on the list of eligible titles in the Lion King promotion at BestBuy.com. Signs point to September 9, which I've heard from a few sources. Hopefully, Disney will issue a press release in the coming months.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks